Any chance I can get into chemistry in University of Washington Seattle?

marcelkittel

I'm only in my first term of Y11. I'm aiming for chemistry in University of Washington. Any chance I can get into it with this score

Eng A Lit SL - 5

Chi B HL - 5 (probably going to raise a level in term two, was close to getting a 6, the orals affected me)

Math HL - 5

Chem HL - 6

Biology SL -5

Economics SL - 7

= 33

Haven't taken SAT, but I should get around 1800.

Let's say I get 34 with that one point out of three points.

Is this a really bad grade in IB? Is there a good chance I can get into this University?

Edited by marcelkittel

Your exams are in may 2016… you have enough time to boost your score significantly. Don't make any definite plans because you might change your mind and you might get higher (or lower) grades than those you predicted. Wait and see how the IB is after you actually start it. Here is the minimum requirement page for the University of Washington

http://admit.washington.edu/Admission/Freshmen/CADR#social-sciences

I also recommend that you take subject tests or advanced placement in chemistry… good luck!!

Edited by emmapatregnani

Your exams are in may 2016… you have enough time to boost your score significantly. Don't make any definite plans because you might change your mind and you might get higher (or lower) grades than those you predicted. Wait and see how the IB is after you actually start it. Here is the minimum requirement page for the University of Washington

http://admit.washington.edu/Admission/Freshmen/CADR#social-sciences

I also recommend that you take subject tests or advanced placement in chemistry… good luck!!

My exams are may 2015, i pressed the wrong button