Economics IA Structure?

Guest heartarcade

Guest heartarcade

Hey,

I've been trying to write my first economics commentary and I have already found an article. It is on the rising prices of food.. I would link to it, but the article has now been blocked unless you subscribe. I have a scanned pdf of it that I can post should you really need to see it. Basically it begins by discussing how the use of grains for the production of ethanol has further depleted a low supply already that has already been disrupted by several other factors. I've recognized the concepts (there is more to it then what i just said) and now what I really need help with is how to structure the commentary. Thanks in advance.

Edited by heartarcade

• 1 month later...

[quote name='heartarcade' post='19983' date='Jul 19 2008, 07:05 AM']Hey,

I've been trying to write my first economics commentary and I have already found an article. It is on the rising prices of food.. I would link to it, but the article has now been blocked unless you subscribe. I have a scanned pdf of it that I can post should you really need to see it. Basically it begins by discussing how the use of grains for the production of ethanol has further depleted a low supply already that has already been disrupted by several other factors. I've recognized the concepts (there is more to it then what i just said) and now what I really need help with is how to structure the commentary. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

You need to have correct definitions. MUST HAVE DIAGRAMS. good analysis of concepts and of course, a personal evalution (eg. advantages/disadv. , long run short run solutions)

I would start by discussing the basic economic concepts and theories of the article (analysis) while defining all relevant definitions. So just basically what's happening in the article. After that, provide a good evaluation ([url="http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/victoriapark/economics/Internal%20Assessment/Evaluation%20Tips.pdf"][u]see this[/u][/url]).

I followed the same format i did for exam questions DEEDE

Define (a monopoly is a single seller market structure)
Explain (what makes a monopoly structure possible, market conditions etc)
Example (from the commentary usually shifting a curve)
Diagram (follows from above)
Evaluation (the most important part, most people lose marks under this criterion, excellent link btw moneyfaery :bawling: )

See the example commentaries on this site. I actually did one on biofuels and ethanol for my portfolio :lol: .

• Like 1