What they see in applications

unonokarlt

Depends where you want to go. US colleges really look at all of your report cards from grade 9 to 12, but they give much more importance to the last two years rather than the first two years. UK universities don't care at all about report cards they only look at official grades. Since those subjects are non-academic it shouldn't be a problem in either case but it might affect your GPA and your extra curricular resume. My advice: try your best to keep all your subjects at the highest grade possible but don't worry too much about music and PE, enjoy tenth grade while you can!

Edited by emmapatregnani
  • Like 1

I just got my report card (I'm in tenth grade right now but I am definitely doing the IBDP next year)

and everything else is fine but my music and PE grades are pretty low. Will these grades affect me in any way when I apply to college?

Thanks in advance!

i mainly know about american colleges, so the selection process works holistically. they don't only look at your GPA. they consider the SAT, community service, extra-curricular activities and importantly you, as a person. you have to explain yourself properly in the essays so these essays basically play an important role in your application.

Edited by MISHI
  • Like 1