SL Route 2 syllabus question?

Melissi

Hi everyone!

I just have a quick question about the SL history route 2 syllabus. As part of this we did the topic on single party authoritarian states, and as examples we studied Nazi Germany and Castro's Cuba.

My question is, will we need to do any more examples? My first history teacher seemed to imply that we didn't, but he left; since then I've realised that a lot of the exam questions name specific leaders which we haven't studied. The whole class is worried because we're second year students and are something like 4 months behind on class work because of the aforementioned teacher leaving.

In short: Is it necessary to know these too, or can I just rely on there being a question that doesn't name any leaders?

Thanks!

Hi!

I think there is usually some questions that don't mention any specific leader but instead mentions policies or regions etc. :) Although that does leave you with fewer options on the exam. From what I've gathered, there are 6 questions to chose from (I've just looked at past papers though, so it might differ), and more or less half of them are "name-specific".

We're doing three: Stalin, Hitler (Europe) and Mao (Asia), but I'm not sure if there's actually a required number to do.

Hi!

I think there is usually some questions that don't mention any specific leader but instead mentions policies or regions etc. :) Although that does leave you with fewer options on the exam. From what I've gathered, there are 6 questions to chose from (I've just looked at past papers though, so it might differ), and more or less half of them are "name-specific".

We're doing three: Stalin, Hitler (Europe) and Mao (Asia), but I'm not sure if there's actually a required number to do.

Thank you! :) As long as there are none specific questions that's alright. We probably won't have time to cover another single party state anyway (I think I heard something about Vietnam, though I have no idea really...)

Hi!

Thank you! :) As long as there are none specific questions that's alright. We probably won't have time to cover another single party state anyway (I think I heard something about Vietnam, though I have no idea really...)

the thing is that there may be a question you might not be able to answer well with just two leaders. I really think that you should just go over another leader for backup, because you never know. I suggest doing Stalin because it was fairly simple. If you are in a really desperate state, i can possibly send over some notes to you via email.

• Like 1

Hi!

the thing is that there may be a question you might not be able to answer well with just two leaders. I really think that you should just go over another leader for backup, because you never know. I suggest doing Stalin because it was fairly simple. If you are in a really desperate state, i can possibly send over some notes to you via email.

Oh, thank you! That would really be brilliant. Is there any way you could send me a private message or something? I'm not sure about sharing my email in public like this ;)