Language B Paper 2 Text types- Confused

Guest Sely1007

Guest Sely1007

Hey guys,

Can anyone give me a huge help on this?

I'm taking English B HL and my teacher is making me very confused. I know that for Paper 2 we have to write different text types, but I'm not sure exactly how to write them -format-

He has shown different formats for the text types but they all seem so similar between one another. Do you know where I can find sample formats or sample texts of every type? Introduction to speech, letters, proposals, journal entries, articles, blogs, etc...

It would really help me out! :surrender:

I'm not sure about HL B languages, but my Spanish teacher just says:

1. a speech - write it as if you're speaking to an audience, introduce yourself and the topic and maybe end with a question? your tone should be formal/informal depending on who the speech is directed at

2. letters - start with date, dear sir/madam/friend (depends if formal or informal) and at the end yours sincerely/faithfully or a more informal ending if it's a friend

3. journal entries - dear diary, speak in the past tense, emotions, what you did that day etc. end it with something appropriate e.g. see you soon

4. newspaper articles - big heading, and write in 2 columns, use subheadings too.

5. email - write to and from, and the subject, the rest would be similar to a letter format.

here is a list of past exam papers: EDIT: SORRY link isn't working! :/ go to www.freeexampapers.com > IB > English > English B > Higher, and the list should be there :)

This is coming from an ab initio student, so I'm sorry if it isn't very useful. I hope this helps though! :)

Edited by sameera95
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...