International Economics IA

Hi i'm having trouble with finding an article on international economics...

What are some keywords that I can search for?

Everyone is saying international economics is easier to find an article than developmental economics but we haven't really learned international and he's expecting us to write on for thursday...

Also, what would you talk about? What graphs would you use?

any help is appreciated

Hi i'm having trouble with finding an article on international economics...

What are some keywords that I can search for?

Everyone is saying international economics is easier to find an article than developmental economics but we haven't really learned international and he's expecting us to write on for thursday...

Also, what would you talk about? What graphs would you use?

any help is appreciated

it sucks that you haven't been able to study this topic well because in my opinion international econ and macro are the best topics.

and yeah i also think it would be easier on international econ./

well, the main things include exchange rates and protectionism. I think a commentary on protectionism would be easier to do.

i mean i always end up taking exchange rates to the macro side so i did mine on protectionism to avoid deviating from the main unit.

anyway, there's quotas, subsidies and tariffs. i think you should look for quotas or tariffs. there's also dumping but i personally don't recommend that over these two.

and while looking for articles on quotas don't get confused with the type of quota mentioned. i'm not 100% sure about this but i think there's things like national quotas on electricity and telephone something.. i don't exactly know but i don't think that's the protectionism one.

good luck with your commentary. let me know if you need any help.

• Like 1

so i found an article but I'm unsure on what kind of graphs to use?

any tips or advice?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-25595674

i don't think you should go ahead with this (if this is for the international econ. section)

like i suggested above, protectionism would be a good topic to work on so why don't you just read this unit well. once you understand the concepts you can easily spot an article that can be analysed.

and yeah, if you don't want to go with protectionism that's cool. whatever you pick, just study it before writing the commentary

Edited by MISHI

any tips or advice?

i don't think you should go ahead with this (if this is for the international econ. section)

like i suggested above, protectionism would be a good topic to work on so why don't you just read this unit well. once you understand the concepts you can easily spot an article that can be analysed.

and yeah, if you don't want to go with protectionism that's cool. whatever you pick, just study it before writing the commentary

I'm sorry but what exactly is protectionism? i just found another possible article to do, is it possibly on protectionism?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22445640

any tips or advice?

I'm sorry but what exactly is protectionism? i just found another possible article to do, is it possibly on protectionism?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22445640

protectionism is simply when a country doesn't want to trade with another country. so it can impose tariffs and quotas which raise the prices of imported products or limit the quantity imported. this way, locals will consume less of the foreign products and more of those produced in their own country. did you understand a bit?

i gotta get ready for school so i'll respond in a few hours.

i read the article and i don't think you should go with it. i mean the topic is perfectly fine, but they've kinda done an anlysis for you, and you don't want that. look for the same issue on another news site maybe??