Computer Science EE (help)

ErickAlexander3

Hi, these days I've been getting ready to write my EE on computer science. I was thinking of doing something related to the Kinect for Xbox 360 and how it could be used for a security system. However, since my supervisor is not good enough (He never got a student with an A EE) and he's the only one available, he accepted the topic I suggested, which I thought was kinda wrong. My topic is:

"Using the Kinect for Windows SDK for the development of a security system that works in any luminic condition using the Kinect for Xbox 360"

I was thinking of changing the topic so I could explain better what I'm going to do, but I need some help with that. Other ways for the topic I've been thinking are "Up to what extent can the Kinect for Xbox 360 be used in the development of a security system?".

I've been also thinking about how I could organize it, so I also wanted to ask if it could be right to choose three characteristics of the Kinect as arguments in favor of the development and maybe some other characteristics against the development. Also, should I show the code of the program I do for the system or just only what it does?

I'll appreciate it a lot if you helped me, thanks.

I did my EE on Computer Science too, but it was about the audio compression, however I had a similar problem with my CS teacher - I still don't think he understood anything I've written, so I could rely on myself only. Yet, I can tell you that you shouldn't include the whole code in the essay itself, only the parts that are crucial and to which you are referring in the text. You should put the whole code in the appendix though.