Chemistry SL vs Psychology SL

Lynxarin

Which of these subject mentioned are easier to study at SL? I want to study Law or Engineering at university.

The subjects I am sure of is:

Maths HL

Physics HL

Economics HL

English Lang&Lit SL

Swedish SL

Which subject would be the best to choose? I am not so interested in any of them so I don't really care which of them I choose. Or do you have any other ideas what subject I could choose at SL?

Psych has one IA which involves you replicating a study (as for 2014) -> From what I've heard from other students, you learn nearly the same as HL but just have one less exam to sit.

Chemistry requires you to hand your 6 best IAs: 2 designs, 2 data collecting and processing and 2 conclusion and evaluation. (just like any experimental science HL or SL, sounds like a lot of work but you're gonna do that for Physics anyways) -> You learn only SL stuff.

• Like 1

Which one is easiest is only for you to determine. This depends on what your strengths are, how good of a teacher you have, and how much time you commit to the subject. We don't know what kind of a student you are. If you're able to memorize case studies and write a decent essay, then you will probably do well in psych. If you're able to do basic math and like to solve problems, then you'll probably do well in SL chem.

Okay, well I do quite okay in both of them but non of them are really any subjects I like. I want to study law or Engineering at university and my other subject are in my signature. Which subject would be to prefare for my future plans? Which of these subjects have more IAs?