Guest Marioti

Well your CAS journal is supposed to have all your activities, both year 1 and 2

You don't have to necessarily include all your activities but why wouldn't you?

If you mean the entries that you have to write for your journal it can be for activities done in either years

How CAS is done is, as I understand it, to a large extent up to each coordinator.

I didn't have to give my coordinator a journal showing what I did at what date, but I wrote a report saying what I've been doing for the past two years, what the goals were, and how I reached those goals. In the end, I wrote a bunch of stuff about CAS changing me as a person etc. etc.

But if your CAS coordinator asks you to give him or her a journal, then you should do that.

Your final journal or report should describe both years of IB, though, as it shows your complete experience with CAS.

• Like 1

our CAS diaries were a structured as following:

a table summarising all the activities, hours etc. e.g. swimming 20 hrs action

then a reflection on each of the learning outcomes

then forms which we filled in for activities of 10+ hours, we briefly described what we did, put our supervisor's contact details and got them to sign it.

:)

• Like 2

our CAS diaries were a structured as following:

a table summarising all the activities, hours etc. e.g. swimming 20 hrs action

then a reflection on each of the learning outcomes

then forms which we filled in for activities of 10+ hours, we briefly described what we did, put our supervisor's contact details and got them to sign it.

:)

This is very similar to how my CAS coordinator has outlined what he wants my class to do. I just created my CAS binder a few months ago with a CAS log, planning sheets, and reflection sheets. That's all we need. It is still a lot of paperwork, but better than I expected based off of the horror stories older students told me :P