Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Hoose

EE History: Iranian Revolution

Hi guys,

I was wondering if this question is narrow enough?

To what extent where the weaknesses of the Shah the main internal factor behind the Iranian Islamic Revolution in 1979?

Additionally, if I compartmentalise my argument into three key causes and then argue that one of those causes it the main internal factor, can I set up my essay into three distinct parts? I want to split it up like that because I am struggling to think of what to write in the Intro, and how I should follow the more traditional layout that History EE's are recommended to follow.

Also, if anyone has access to any good resources about the Iranian revolution, I would be eternally grateful for their help.

Thanks,

John

1 person likes this

I definitely think your question is narrow enough, it is narrow enough even for an IA in my opinion. What I wonder is if you can write 4000 words on this narrow of a topic, but if you are asking whether it's too broad I'm sure that's not an issue for you.

I think splitting it up into 3 sections is great, as long as there is an overall unity in your essay. With EEs there is a nice degree of freedom over how you can set up your essay, so you should do what works for you.

There is a typo in your question BTW, it's "to what extent *were* the weaknesses..." not *where*, but I'm sure it was just a typo.

1 person likes this

The Iranian Revolution was my IA topic. I used The Shah by Abbas Milani as one of my main resources. I think it could be very useful for your EE as well.

1 person likes this

Thanks, I have chosen to split into 3 main categories, but then have a couple of subcategories within each of my main ideas. I was wondering, is it a good idea to include pictures (i.e. a picture of the Shah on the cover of Time Magazine, and maybe a picture of Ayatollah Khomeini as he returns to Iran)? 

I want to know if it is acceptable to throw in a picture or two or should the EE remain all text?

Thanks, I have chosen to split into 3 main categories, but then have a couple of subcategories within each of my main ideas. I was wondering, is it a good idea to include pictures (i.e. a picture of the Shah on the cover of Time Magazine, and maybe a picture of Ayatollah Khomeini as he returns to Iran)? 

I want to know if it is acceptable to throw in a picture or two or should the EE remain all text?

It's possible to throw in a picture or two if you want - but it's totally unnecessary and should be very limited if you do.