GRADE BOUNDARIES: How many marks to get a 7?

Marie Robin

you're sure? Because I know in HL HIstory the exact boundaries. Like a 7 = 40 marks on paper 3 (out of 60) for example.

How many questions can we miss on paper 1 to get a 7? (Like how our teachers grade us). Paper 2? 3?

In HL History the grade boundaries will also vary slightly year to year, although on the whole they tend to be quite similar when they're out of smaller numbers.

You can find mark boundaries across the years here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/841-mark-boundaries/

I suggest you don't miss any questions! :blink: If you want a 7, answer them all!! If you're missing questions because you don't know the answers, chances are you've not got sufficient knowledge and so you're not going to be getting a 7.

Thanks a lot!!! Thats helpful. Now I now where to aim. Im expecting a 6 ish.

I also looked at your "signature" at the bottom and you're predicting a 42 (I need to get a 41 if I wanna attend my dream school which is really hard but it may not seem that impossible. I also have english litterature HL (which I am aiming a 5) and do you know the boundaries for this one too (although it might change, do you know the one from previous years)?

Thanks a lot!!! Thats helpful. Now I now where to aim. Im expecting a 6 ish.

I also looked at your "signature" at the bottom and you're predicting a 42 (I need to get a 41 if I wanna attend my dream school which is really hard but it may not seem that impossible. I also have english litterature HL (which I am aiming a 5) and do you know the boundaries for this one too (although it might change, do you know the one from previous years)?

I'm afraid I don't have the subject report for the May 2013 exam (and the ones before May 2013 are not helpful since the syllabus changed for 2013). I think you need around 58% to 60% to get a 5 for English Lit HL

Which university are you looking at?