IOC and poem analysis

Major help needed.

We are doing poems for our IOCs and I have no idea how to do it. My teacher gave me an outline how should I approach IOC but it's not working for me. Let's say you get a poem, how are you going to analyze it? What are you going to start with?

Please if you have structure you are planning to use on yours or if you have already used it, please,please do share it with me.

Thank you

Hopefully some of these tips will help you:
1. Structure is very dependent on the poem. Almost always I choose to go thematically: This stanza signifies X as it is the microcosm of theme A....Furthermore, this stanza Z also works in accordance with theme A because _______
2. If you know what the poems are beforehand, break them down using your very analytic mind and remember these common themes.
3. Tie philosophy into all your convictions or the grand human experience-basically "Why is your analysis important to listen to?"

Also never follow your teachers' outlines. This is not how to approach the higher levels of mark bands, however if you find it helpful I strongly encourage you to use whatever is helpful.
Take care and good luck! :)