Site Suggestions

Survival Robot

Since this is a very new site, we're still in the process of building it up. Considering the purpose of this site is to help IB students like you, we'd greatly value your input on improving the site. If you have any immediate suggestions of how to make IBSurvival more efficient and the best resource for IB student there is, feel free to post your ideas here. :blink:

Thanks a lot. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of housekeeping issues:

1. We need an FAQ of some description. You know, if you could just answer some questions that people ask on a regular basis: what is the meaning of life, how many licks does it take to get to the centre of a Tootsie Roll, why can't they just make the entire plane out of the black box material...

That would be really helpful. :D

2. Also, I mentioned this in another thread, but can there somehow be a way to check if people have replied to threads we've posted in? Someone asked me a question about a week ago and I didn't see it until just now, so the person's probably just gone off and will never bother to check back and see my response. :P

3. I can't seem to locate an Edit button on any of my posts. This could possibly be my own stupidity, but I swear I could find it a week ago.

Anyway, apart from these minor issues, this is a pretty awesome forum you've put together. :D Keep up the good work.

Just a couple of housekeeping issues:

1. We need an FAQ of some description. You know, if you could just answer some questions that people ask on a regular basis: what is the meaning of life, how many licks does it take to get to the centre of a Tootsie Roll, why can't they just make the entire plane out of the black box material...

That would be really helpful. :D

2. Also, I mentioned this in another thread, but can there somehow be a way to check if people have replied to threads we've posted in? Someone asked me a question about a week ago and I didn't see it until just now, so the person's probably just gone off and will never bother to check back and see my response. :D

3. I can't seem to locate an Edit button on any of my posts. This could possibly be my own stupidity, but I swear I could find it a week ago.

Anyway, apart from these minor issues, this is a pretty awesome forum you've put together. :D Keep up the good work.

for number 1 I think we had a FAQ, Graeme where's out FAQ? :P

2. you can do this by subscribing to threads (wait no, you can't do that :D I'll try and look into it.. dunno if I can add a feature like that.. maybe Deusy can :D ), or clicking on the "Endable email notification replies" box at the bottom of each post you make (n.b this does not show in quick reply)

3. hmm weird about the edit button! it should be right next to the "quote" button... can we get a screenshot?

EDIT: I have no clue how to add "subscribe to this thread" feature :D

Well that would be because the permission was not set for you to Edit your own post. Can't imagine why anyone (Deus) would change it...Anyway I changed it back so you can edit (and delete) your own post now.

@Deus: did you change it because Lc said we needed a way to stop people editing (after a mod edit)? :D Well, forget that, that weird spamming incident was just...weird anyway. :P

2. Also, I mentioned this in another thread, but can there somehow be a way to check if people have replied to threads we've posted in? Someone asked me a question about a week ago and I didn't see it until just now, so the person's probably just gone off and will never bother to check back and see my response. sad.gif

Yeah, being able to subscribe to threads would be nice...Don't look at me though. Me no know how to do it...

Do you want a thread that people can ask in replies and then the OP updated periodically or an actual static page?

There's a FAQ of sort on forum functions here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?act=Help

Note to self: Get a member account. I need to see what you guys see otherwise I just take all the admin functions for granted. :D

2. Also, I mentioned this in another thread, but can there somehow be a way to check if people have replied to threads we've posted in? Someone asked me a question about a week ago and I didn't see it until just now, so the person's probably just gone off and will never bother to check back and see my response. :P

At the top of each thread there is a link that says "thread options". If you click Track this thread, it will subscribe you to the thread. :D

• 2 months later...

There's one suggestion:

It would be nice if you design the profile page as that of TSR's.. I mean one with a large profile picture that one can upload, plus a larger space to write in compared to the small space of personal statement; one with interests, academic info, plus an extra optional field - you know how it goes! :innocent:

There's one suggestion:

It would be nice if you design the profile page as that of TSR's.. I mean one with a large profile picture that one can upload, plus a larger space to write in compared to the small space of personal statement; one with interests, academic info, plus an extra optional field - you know how it goes! :innocent:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Deus, but Bio, I dont think it's possible to add fields to the user profile and alter the profile structure. This forum is a different type of forum from TSR's vBulletin and so of course the layout and such is different.

There's one suggestion:

I'll look into this a bit more later this week, and see what I can do :D .

Correct me if I'm wrong, Deus, but Bio, I dont think it's possible to add fields to the user profile and alter the profile structure. This forum is a different type of forum from TSR's vBulletin and so of course the layout and such is different.

Actually, there is a certain degree of modifications I can make to the profile, I'll see what I can come up with ^_^ .

I'm just throwing this idea out there... if we have enough willing people maybe we could have designated people who are incharge of 1 subject they are more skilled at.

For example:

If person A was really excelled at Math he/she could join the "math tutors" group which is created to help people with their math work.

We could have a group for each subject we have here.

• 2 months later...

And sadly, the IB fails at giving students information. Do they really expect students to fully rely on their teachers? They should offer a student version of the OCC (aka, public version, or a semi-private with instant registration). I want to at least gain access to Syllabi without searching in Google.

That's why IBsurvival rocks :P

Vancouver is taking over the forum! :D

Edited by Dooga

I'm just throwing this idea out there... if we have enough willing people maybe we could have designated people who are incharge of 1 subject they are more skilled at.

For example:

If person A was really excelled at Math he/she could join the "math tutors" group which is created to help people with their math work.

We could have a group for each subject we have here.

I second the notion. I started that thread on "real math problems" specifically so that people would come to me for math assistance but if there was a more "organized" thread for tutors like shorty mentioned, then we would get a better response to the "tutoring program"

And sadly, the IB fails at giving students information. Do they really expect students to fully rely on their teachers? They should offer a student version of the OCC (aka, public version, or a semi-private with instant registration). I want to at least gain access to Syllabi without searching in Google.

That's why IBsurvival rocks :)

Vancouver is taking over the forum! :)

I've only been living here for a year and a half, and I was miserable at the first school I went to. I'm so glad I switched schools and took IB!

Did you go to the IB Music Symposium in East Van?