Choosing insurance between Bath and KCL...

Kat_emu

Hi Guys,

I am right now choosing my insurance for ucas and can not make the final decision.

I hold the offers for management course in both bath and KCL.

I choose Warwick as firm choice...

However, when it comes to insurance, I wanna choose bath since the course is great, but the condition is as high as Warwick's...

For KCL, seems that management is not their strong subject...and I am not sure if I would go there when i miss my firm's condition....

Anyone has any suggestion???

A lot of thanks:)))))

you can choose not to pick an insurance and enter into clearing if you fail to get into warwick

imo, you should just pick KCL as your insurance as there's no guarantee that you'll be able to enter into a good university through clearing

ps: there's really no point in having Bath as an insurance when the condition is the same as Warwick

Edited by iamyourmum
  • Like 3

you can choose not to pick an insurance and enter into clearing if you fail to get into warwick

imo, you should just pick KCL as your insurance as there's no guarantee that you'll be able to enter into a good university through clearing

ps: there's really no point in having Bath as an insurance when the condition is the same as Warwick

Thanks.... But I am not very sure if I would like to study at KCL....And I don't really wanna give up bath since the course is quite innovative... Probably if I get the score I would give up my firm and go there...

Thanks.... But I am not very sure if I would like to study at KCL....And I don't really wanna give up bath since the course is quite innovative... Probably if I get the score I would give up my firm and go there...

Are you saying you would rather go to Bath instead of Warwick?

Why wouldn't you just have Bath as your firm ?

Yeah it seems weird that you're not firming your favourite course?!

Your insurance choice is just that - the one you'll go to if you don't get the grades as back-up. There's no point in picking a course where it's asking for the same as your firm choice because then if you don't get the grades you're not going to be able to go to either of them. You're not 'giving up' on one, it is giving up on YOU as you won't meet the requirements!

Pick KCL or nothing. And pick your favourite place as your firm choice (you don't get to pick on the day to drop your firm and take your insurance, that's the whole reason why you pick a FIRM choice - you need to decide before then!). Then just work very hard and make sure you meet the grades for your firm and you won't have to worry about whether the KCL course is dodgy or not :P

• Like 1

Are you saying you would rather go to Bath instead of Warwick?

Why wouldn't you just have Bath as your firm ?

Yeah it seems weird that you're not firming your favourite course?!

Your insurance choice is just that - the one you'll go to if you don't get the grades as back-up. There's no point in picking a course where it's asking for the same as your firm choice because then if you don't get the grades you're not going to be able to go to either of them. You're not 'giving up' on one, it is giving up on YOU as you won't meet the requirements!

Pick KCL or nothing. And pick your favourite place as your firm choice (you don't get to pick on the day to drop your firm and take your insurance, that's the whole reason why you pick a FIRM choice - you need to decide before then!). Then just work very hard and make sure you meet the grades for your firm and you won't have to worry about whether the KCL course is dodgy or not :P

Hey guys, thanks for replying!!!

Sorry for any misleading words... I would truly love to go to Warwick, but for KCL and bath, I prefer the latter:)

Really cannot make up my mind whether to choose kcl or just leave my insurance choice blank....

Sorry for any misleading words... I would truly love to go to Warwick, but for KCL and bath, I prefer the latter:)

Really cannot make up my mind whether to choose kcl or just leave my insurance choice blank....

Put KCL down. If you'd rather take a gap year & re-apply than go to KCL, fair enough, but you don't have to decide that now. You can decline their offer later on, the only scenario in which you take your options away is one where you leave your insurance blank.

If it helps, my insurance Uni was also one where I would rather have not gone at all - the course wasn't even what I applied for! The fact of the matter is, you're likely to get into your first choice if you work hard, which is goal number one. If you don't manage it and end up at your second choice, you can decide at that point whether to take a year out or not. It may be that you change your mind about a gap year and actually think "you know what, I'd rather just go to KCL", or you might not. But you won't have that option if you reject it now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Put KCL down. If you'd rather take a gap year & re-apply than go to KCL, fair enough, but you don't have to decide that now. You can decline their offer later on, the only scenario in which you take your options away is one where you leave your insurance blank.

If it helps, my insurance Uni was also one where I would rather have not gone at all - the course wasn't even what I applied for! The fact of the matter is, you're likely to get into your first choice if you work hard, which is goal number one. If you don't manage it and end up at your second choice, you can decide at that point whether to take a year out or not. It may be that you change your mind about a gap year and actually think "you know what, I'd rather just go to KCL", or you might not. But you won't have that option if you reject it now.

I think i'd better to do so.

Thanks!!

• 5 years later...

Only the insurance value cannot be set at your request — I want 2000, I want 30,000. It is set at the real value of each item (the name, year of purchase and price are indicated in the inventory). As for equipment for your business - the real market price for this year. Equipment - repair costs (materials, cost of work), if there is no confirmation (checks, bills) - average prices in the services market. The company https://generalliabilityinsure.com won`t insure the air and what you want. And if it is, always worse for the client!