Topic for IOP? (The Great Gatsby or Things Fall Apart or This Earth of Mankind)

I have an IOP to do based one of these three books: The Great Gatsby, Things Fall Apart, and This Earth of Mankind. This is my first year in DP and I haven't been striving in English, I'm not that good at analyzing literature. (Probably because English is my third language)

Does anyone have a good idea for a topic? Thanks

I have an IOP to do based one of these three books: The Great Gatsby, Things Fall Apart, and This Earth of Mankind. This is my first year in DP and I haven't been striving in English, I'm not that good at analyzing literature. (Probably because English is my third language)

i think you should share some ideas of your own first. maybe something you've thought of exploring? i suppose then someone here will be able to help you.

i'm not too good at lit myself, but i've read the first two books and i like them both. i don't know about the third one though.

think of striking features in these books maybe?

for instance, the igbo culture in things fall apart, and then narrow it down? something like that. maybe you could explore the traits of a particular character :/

i'm not the right person to ask for help here, but i just wanted to tell you to share some of your own ideas first. i don't think anyone here will formulate a topic for you.

good luck

Edited by MISHI

i think you should share some ideas of your own first. maybe something you've thought of exploring? i suppose then someone here will be able to help you.

i'm not too good at lit myself, but i've read the first two books and i like them both. i don't know about the third one though.

think of striking features in these books maybe?

for instance, the igbo culture in things fall apart, and then narrow it down? something like that. maybe you could explore the traits of a particular character :/

i'm not the right person to ask for help here, but i just wanted to tell you to share some of your own ideas first. i don't think anyone here will formulate a topic for you.

good luck

One idea I have for a topic is: The significance of the relationship between Daisy and Myrtle in The Great Gatsby.

My teacher said the topic is fine, however, I am unsure if wether I can talk long enough on this topic.

It would help a lot if I could get some opinions on this.

Thank you for the advice :)