Do self-taught students get special consideration?

Why would they get special treatment because they studied something on their own? Oh wow you studied without a teacher here's a 7 just write your candidate number on the paper.

Self-taught candidates are marked with the same criteria as normal standard-level candidates, regardless of what language you're studying. Make sure you understand what you're being marked on, and then do exactly that. As long as you've been producing at least semi-decent quality work for the past two years, you shouldn't be too worried.

Hey, no need for name-calling. We're all adults (or nearly adults) here ;) Although I'm a bit confused, as I was never 'self-taught' any of my subjects in the normal sense of the word, although I did have to do a lot of chemistry on my own due to a new teacher. Care to elaborate a bit? :)

• Like 5

Wait, but on our exam there is a ST written on it. so teachers that mark it do know we are self-taught students. Plus the fact that we study something compleatly on our own is waaaayyyyyy harder than when you're in a class!? So it would make sense if the boundries arent AS strict as those who work their way through in class... Or at least that is what I have been told, and it seems to make sense, no?

• Like 1