IB Physics HL - paper 1 and 2

ghjk

I think we should not worry about the grade boundaries. The Grade Boundaries might drop to a lower one if it was hard for everyone, so I think everyone should take that into account as well!

• Like 3

Well, it's good to know I wasn't the only one who struggled then....thanks!

I just found the combinations of the questions really weird in general...especially in Section A. Hopefully the IB will be generous with their grade boundaries :)

Yo wuss' poppin'?
TZ1 here!
Paper 1 was way harder than the previous years in my opinion.. Some questions were very tricky, e.g. the one in which a car was doing circular motion and the radius of the circle doubled. Still got a 35+
Paper 2 was a cinch. I mean there were a cornucopia of questions that I could solve with my eyes shut. Most probably 90%+. The question with the merry go round was the hardest one, didn't even touch it, went full on for question 6: nuclear physics+thermodynamics and 9:nuclear physics, electric circuits and photoelectric effect. NO MECHANICS AT ALL, I WAS SHOCKED
Damn right!

Peace, I'm out gotta prepare some solutions in ether. :blowkiss:

Edited by Stavros da manly chemist
  • Like 1

Yo wuss' poppin'?

TZ1 here!

Paper 1 was way harder than the previous years in my opinion.. Some questions were very tricky, e.g. the one in which a car was doing circular motion and the radius of the circle doubled. Still got a 35+

Paper 2 was a cinch. I mean there were a cornucopia of questions that I could solve with my eyes shut. Most probably 90%+. The question with the merry go round was the hardest one, didn't even touch it, went full on for question 6: nuclear physics+thermodynamics and 9:nuclear physics, electric circuits and photoelectric effect. NO MECHANICS AT ALL, I WAS SHOCKED

Damn right!

Peace, I'm out gotta prepare some solutions in ether. :blowkiss:

TZ1 in Greece?

Yeah Greece is in TZ1

Overly manly man is here!

But your exam sounds much easier than ours :( at least, judging by comments others had as well. Did you find the photoelectric effect one easy?

Also, does anyone know whether all timezones have the same grade boundaries? Having a grade curve doesn't seem that sensible if the people in it did different exams.

Yeah Greece is in TZ1

Overly manly man is here!

But your exam sounds much easier than ours :( at least, judging by comments others had as well. Did you find the photoelectric effect one easy?

Also, does anyone know whether all timezones have the same grade boundaries? Having a grade curve doesn't seem that sensible if the people in it did different exams.

I found it easier, from the comments I saw that the majority of the people found paper 2 very hard in both time zones. The photoelectric effect question was very easy. It was a classic problem. Also the last part had to do with momentum of the electron and its uncertainty.Nothing hard. Each timezone has different grade boundaries for each subject.

• Like 1

Guest Lognarithm

So paper 1 was semi not horrible and paper 2 actually seemed to be fairly decent comapred to past exams. (TZ1) Did questions 6 and 7

• 2 weeks later...