I'm working on my essay for Works in Translation and I feel like my essay is kind of off topic and I was considering changing the topic question. Does this question sound okay for an IB Essay?

In what ways does Antigone give insight into the Ancient Greek Culture?

My original topic was addressing the influence of culture on the play, but I kept referencing the text and interpreting the culture through the text opposed to how the culture influenced the work.

Edited by Chloe S

Waaay too broad.

Better to pinpoint a literary aspect of the play (think drama and stage-work) and examine how it is used to create an effect . What literary aspects of the play have you discussed in class?

We didn't focus much on the literary aspects of this play, more so on the influences of culture and whatnot. The only literary aspect we really looked at was the theme, which is extremely over done. I think at least five students looked at the themes. We looked into the motifs and symbolism more in the other two plays, but it was also extremely over done. The teacher focused greatly on the cultural influences and aspects of the literature during class discussions.