Psychology Paper 1 TZ2

Ibatemylife2014

Hey guys! So I know there was a discussion started on this exam but that was in the general forum and I just thought that us psychology students should also have a place on this exam discussion forum!

Overall the paper wasn't too bad, but I think i messed up a few dates here and there.

The only trouble I had for section A was the stereotypes one. What did you guys write for that??

And for my essay I chose the: "Evaluate one model/theory of one cognitive process" - overall I feel this went alright but I'm scared that perhaps 2 studies were not enough?

Paper 1 was amazing, I really really loved it! For the stereotype question I wrote about Aronson and Steele (1995) and focused on stereotype threat, didn't feel as confident about this though. For the essay I chose the one with factors influencing conformity, which I already had gotten feedback on beforehand. As for your question considering whether two studies should be enough; my teacher told us that two studies were enough if you really knew them well and in depth. You probably did more than good enough, so don't worry about it :proud:

• Like 1

I felt the same way about the strerotype question! It was a bit offputting but yeah I wrote about Aronson and Steele and focused on stereotype threat too!

Thank god! I think I wrote them in detail😳

But all in all it was not too bad because I was expecting the worst lol!

I hope you get a 7 and all the best for everything else!!

• Like 1

I really liked all three papers. But I was surprised that paper 2 had repeated questions from the November exam and the May exam. The concepts of normality and abnormality was in the November one and theories of altruism was in the May one. It made me really happy because I knew these two topic particularly well and I was disappointed when I found out they had just been given. I thought there was no way for them to be repeated :D

I really liked all three papers. But I was surprised that paper 2 had repeated questions from the November exam and the May exam. The concepts of normality and abnormality was in the November one and theories of altruism was in the May one. It made me really happy because I knew these two topic particularly well and I was disappointed when I found out they had just been given. I thought there was no way for them to be repeated :D

OMG really the abnormality and normality one was a November?! God i wish i practiced it but I still did it anyways haha. I hardly did paper 3 revision so I messed that up:/ i kinda made stuff up:/ oh well it's over!

Congrats on finishing it too!! I'm sure you did great! Goodluck for results!

OMG really the abnormality and normality one was a November?! God i wish i practiced it but I still did it anyways haha. I hardly did paper 3 revision so I messed that up:/ i kinda made stuff up:/ oh well it's over!

Congrats on finishing it too!! I'm sure you did great! Goodluck for results!

Well I kind of did that too. I only revised the vocabulary, I didn't have any time to look at past papers or anything, although I'm not even sure if they are available because of copy right issues... . What I meant was that it was easy to improvise and there were a lot of points to include.

But congrats on finishing one more subject! Hope it goes well for the rest of the subjects.

My weakest SAQ was probably the stereotype one. I wrote about how stereotypes affected the behaviour of accurate recall (memory), which is basically the confirmation bias, but I didn't use this term in my answer :|

Oh my god I wrote this too! I think it's right cause it's in the stereotypes section in the Pearson textbook... but no one else in my class wrote about it :/

The study I mentioned was Cohen: the one about the waitress and librarian? Is that okay?

• 2 weeks later...

My weakest SAQ was probably the stereotype one. I wrote about how stereotypes affected the behaviour of accurate recall (memory), which is basically the confirmation bias, but I didn't use this term in my answer :|

Oh my god I wrote this too! I think it's right cause it's in the stereotypes section in the Pearson textbook... but no one else in my class wrote about it :/

The study I mentioned was Cohen: the one about the waitress and librarian? Is that okay?

I did exactly the same with Cohen

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! 

I am having my exams this May! What were the other exam SAQs in Section A for the biological and cognitive level? Also, do you recall the other two essay questions?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! I am from Greece also! From Thessaloniki and I am having my exams in two weeks! Started getting a little bit nervous and anxious! You? Have you done a lot of work in your class? And also you have English Language and Literature? Do you have any past papers in that?

Hi guys! 

I am having my exams this May! What were the other exam SAQs in Section A for the biological and cognitive level? Also, do you recall the other two essay questions?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! I am from Greece also! From Thessaloniki and I am having my exams in two weeks! Started getting a little bit nervous and anxious! You? Have you done a lot of work in your class? And also you have English Language and Literature? Do you have any past papers in that?

Hello! I am getting nervous as well, but not to a great extent... I feel sure about many topics and thus I am a bit relaxed... But I am revising constantly... Yes, fortunately all my tutors have done excellent work, with a lot of revision and many mock exams... I do English A LAL, but I don't have past papers... Only my tutor does... Nevertheless, if you need any help let me know...

Wishing you the best!

Good luck for us both!

Hi guys! 

Thank you in advance!

For section A they had:

BOA: Outline how one principle can be demonstrated in one research

COA: Explain how one biological factor effects one cognitive process

(Not sure about command terms, but these were the questions) 

• Like 1