Biology HL TZ2 Paper 1 and 2

ibinsouthafrica

In paper 2 section B, there were questions about muscle contractions, protein structure, Enzymes ( lock and key theory, and induced fit) etc.. I think paper one was okay, but I feel like there were some trick questions. In paper two the question about the pedigree chart, what did you all say about what type of inheritance it is?

In paper 2 section B, there were questions about muscle contractions, protein structure, Enzymes ( lock and key theory, and induced fit) etc.. I think paper one was okay, but I feel like there were some trick questions. In paper two the question about the pedigree chart, what did you all say about what type of inheritance it is?

I said autosomal recessive, but yeah, I was so tired and really not focused at all.

I don't remember what time zone I'm in. What were some of the questions?

okay some of the questions on paper 2: the data analysis was about pinnipeds and their diving sessions, section b there was questions about the enzyme lock and key model, outline muscle movement, energy flow between trophic levels, control of blood sugar levels.

Paper 2 (TZ2) was rather straightforward (both sections A and B), although imo paper 1 wasn't the best, seemed to focus on a good chunk of the topics but it wasn't as well rounded as some previous years in terms of the amount of topics that it covered!

I don't remember what time zone I'm in. What were some of the questions?

Section A focused on some reproduction/protein synthesis material and the data based talked about the use of an inhibitor in rats

that one is time zone 1

I said autosomal recessive, but yeah, I was so tired and really not focused at all.

i said x linked recessive is that even a thing :lmao: what did you put for the genotypes? for person A i put Nn and person B i put nn

I really did not like the data based questions, but they were never my strength anyway soo, whatever, done with most biology! :julie: Yeah i put Nn and nn as well. I think it was autosomal as it was Nn, because if it were sex-linked it should have been written along with the X chromosome, or am I completely off? If it's not autosomal then I have probably done the entire question wrong. Also if a mother is a carrier and the dad is healthy, none of the girls should have the disease, if it is sex-linked, then they should only be carriers, so I believe that's why I wrote autosomal, but I don't really remember the question very well...

• Like 1

What about that electron micrograph, to label X, it was really hard to see... looked like it was pointing to the spaces in between. I said it was ribosomes on the RER

i said it was the RER itself, now you're making me doubt my answer :o

Edited by sameera95

What about that electron micrograph, to label X, it was really hard to see... looked like it was pointing to the spaces in between. I said it was ribosomes on the RER

Haha I wrote rough ER too as it said so in the source underneath the picture, also I thought I saw some dots on it, but apparently most of the other students in my class wrote golgi, which seems to be correct. At least my teacher indicated that the golgi was the right answer, as the best student in my class chose to label it golgi.

I really did not like the data based questions, but they were never my strength anyway soo, whatever, done with most biology! :julie: Yeah i put Nn and nn as well. I think it was autosomal as it was Nn, because if it were sex-linked it should have been written along with the X chromosome, or am I completely off? If it's not autosomal then I have probably done the entire question wrong. Also if a mother is a carrier and the dad is healthy, none of the girls should have the disease, if it is sex-linked, then they should only be carriers, so I believe that's why I wrote autosomal, but I don't really remember the question very well...

you probably got it right, i put x linked and crossed it out, then put recessive and crossed that out and then put x linked recessive XD

• Like 1

Haha I wrote rough ER too as it said so in the source underneath the picture, also I thought I saw some dots on it, but apparently most of the other students in my class wrote golgi, which seems to be correct. At least my teacher indicated that the golgi was the right answer, as the best student in my class chose to label it golgi.

OMG i put rough ER and then put the function was to modify and package proteins for use outside the cell - that's the function of the golgi apparatus not the RER! :doh:

Haha :D Gotta love biology, I am sooo glad I'm done with the core material, what options are you guys taking? I am somewhat nervous because I don't think I did good enough in paper 1 and 2 to get the 6 I am predicted... At our school we are doing option E and H.

SAME! high five! :hi5: Neurobiology and Further Human Physiology (like we didn't have enough physiology to learn already) :P

• Like 1

I am crossing all my legs, toes, and fingers that it in fact was rough ER, because I was so unhappy about the questions in paper 2. I absolutely hate magnification, and right before the test I was literally thinking: "Oh there's probably not going to be much questions from topic 2, so I'm not going to revise what's inside a cell or the functions of the organelles :DDD". Section B was good though.

Haha :D Gotta love biology, I am sooo glad I'm done with the core material, what options are you guys taking? I am somewhat nervous because I don't think I did good enough in paper 1 and 2 to get the 6 I am predicted... At our school we are doing option E and H.

SAME! high five! :hi5: Neurobiology and Further Human Physiology (like we didn't have enough physiology to learn already) :P

Awesome, we are going to nail that test! (Y) Yeah, I didn't like topic 6 or some of topic 11, so that we had to have option H made me a little bit sad, but now it's okay, and I just hope to get a question that I know in great enough detail! :proud:

Not quite sure if I'm TZ1 or TZ2 (What's the difference), but I feel I did alright on both. I feel like I did better on paper 1 than two though because I honestly never understood transcription/ translation even though that's what I spent the majority of time studying the past few weeks. If your last question for paper 1 was on the kidney, what answer did you put? The majority of my class and I put A, but two girls (who are top of our Bio class and act like they are right 99% of the time) said the answer was C.

I think IBO graders owe our whole class at least 1 mark on paper 2 because our coordinator told us not to bring anything to the exams except water because she'd provide everything we needed and she FORGOT the rulers!! My class is so ticked off that we couldn't get that easy mark.

Edited by SeniorStatus14