Biology HL TZ2 Paper 1 and 2

ibinsouthafrica

on a slightly unrelated topic, anyone doing option G? uuugghh i am not looking forward to writing about niches as human impact blah blah... stupid seals and their stupid temperature difference

That reminds me, what were some heat regulating mechanisms / adaptations that these seals could use?? i wrote vasoconstriction and shivering... but felt like my answer was kinda wrong...

What did you guys write about the classification one for paper 1?? I'm REALLYY bad at classification so I was so annoyed about that one-_-

it was that if they were in same class they belong to same phylum or something like that

I wrote shivering too!!! HAhaha couldn't think of any D:

and yeah I put that phylum thing too

was it answer A?

Think it was C..cant guarantee that though

yeah im doing option G, worst option ever!

Really? I'm also doing option G, but I think it is one of the easiest topics! On the other hand, I absolutely hate my other option, option H :|

on a slightly unrelated topic, anyone doing option G? uuugghh i am not looking forward to writing about niches as human impact blah blah... stupid seals and their stupid temperature difference

That reminds me, what were some heat regulating mechanisms / adaptations that these seals could use?? i wrote vasoconstriction and shivering... but felt like my answer was kinda wrong...

What did you guys write about the classification one for paper 1?? I'm REALLYY bad at classification so I was so annoyed about that one-_-

it was that if they were in same class they belong to same phylum or something like that

was it answer A?

Really? I'm also doing option G, but I think it is one of the easiest topics! On the other hand, I absolutely hate my other option, option H :|

its quite easy but its really boring! and i love option H haha

Maybe many people think this question was easy, but i became very unsure - it was about the function of proteins, i was stuck between either as channels to allow other proteins to diffuse through membrane, or to hydrolose Atp to allow for transport or whatever against the membrane, i chose the latter but somewhat unsure..

Maybe many people think this question was easy, but i became very unsure - it was about the function of proteins, i was stuck between either as channels to allow other proteins to diffuse through membrane, or to hydrolose Atp to allow for transport or whatever against the membrane, i chose the latter but somewhat unsure..

oh yeah i wasnt sure about this one either, im not sure but i think i said hydrolyse ATP

was it answer A?

What I fear most about paper 3 is the data response section. :( I can't afford to lose too many marks, but it has always been impossible for me to ace the data response questions

was it answer A?

The thing is, its too easy, or like, i just say yeeah yeaah of course ill know what water, soil ph and salinity does to distribution of plants or outlining conservation methods, and when i try to answer it properly i forget or like quadrat method and transect, im thinking its easy but i struggle to phrase it well.

oh yeah i wasnt sure about this one either, im not sure but i think i said hydrolyse ATP

It said in active transport so I didn't chose diffuse through as this doesn't require ATP, therefore I chose the same as you but I wasn't sure either :D

It said in active transport so I didn't chose diffuse through as this doesn't require ATP, therefore I chose the same as you but I wasn't sure either :D

I also picked the anwer with ATP because I think it was the only one which made sense enoguh to be picked.. Others were either too general or did not refer to active transport but facilitate diffusion

what did you guys put for the function of neurotransmitters? I put that they affect the permeability of the post synaptic neuron's membrane

I also chose that one, other answers didn't seem valid.

Is it the one with 'somethintsomething axons of the neuron somethingsomething'?

yerp, but it feels weird to say affects the permeability...

what did you guys put for the function of neurotransmitters? I put that they affect the permeability of the post synaptic neuron's membrane

I also chose that one, other answers didn't seem valid.

Is it the one with 'somethintsomething axons of the neuron somethingsomething'?

yerp, but it feels weird to say affects the permeability...

but i guess its true, neurotransmitters attatch to the receptors thus making the membrane permeable to ions like aquaporins increasing the permeability of the collecting duct

What about that electron micrograph, to label X, it was really hard to see... looked like it was pointing to the spaces in between. I said it was ribosomes on the RER

Haha I wrote rough ER too as it said so in the source underneath the picture, also I thought I saw some dots on it, but apparently most of the other students in my class wrote golgi, which seems to be correct. At least my teacher indicated that the golgi was the right answer, as the best student in my class chose to label it golgi.

i wrote RER! :S it was hard to tell, they should have given the whole cell or something

What about that electron micrograph, to label X, it was really hard to see... looked like it was pointing to the spaces in between. I said it was ribosomes on the RER

i said it was the RER itself, now you're making me doubt my answer :o

It's most definitely rER because the source of the picture was /RoughER.gif

It was golgi. The organelle was near a mitochondria, not near the nucleus. That's why it was so deceptive.

Ribosomes were embedded on its surface. I found electron microscope images like this with rER located just next to mitochondria so it doesn't matter really if it's near nucleus or not.

lol, link doesn't work. anyhow, here's a golgi body with dots on it: https://www.biochem.wisc.edu/faculty/bednarek/lab/images/mvb_golgi250.jpg

plus, i don't think the IB would be dumb enough to put the answer in the source of the question.

they have done that in the past!

was it answer A?

I'm doing the exact same options as you! I hate both:// I hate paper 3 in general!

Do you think you're ready?

was it answer A?

I'm doing the exact same options as you! I hate both:// I hate paper 3 in general!

I don't think so! I need to get more than 35 in paper 3 to salvage my horrible paper 2 (rough estimate), and I can easily lose more than 5 marks from the two sets of data response questions :(

Unfortunately I also have to study for my Chinese Language&Literature paper 2 exams! I'm afraid I won't have enough time.

What about you?

was it answer A?

I don't think so! I need to get more than 35 in paper 3 to salvage my horrible paper 2 (rough estimate), and I can easily lose more than 5 marks from the two sets of data response questions :(

Unfortunately I also have to study for my Chinese Language&Literature paper 2 exams! I'm afraid I won't have enough time.

What about you?

OMG i estimated the same! I really need a good mark but yeah my data response is soooo weak i just can't think in a data response way if you know what I mean??

Oh god!! Goodluck!! I hope the paper is really easy so you do well!! All the best!!

What answer did u chose in the question about algae and aerobic bacteria and about DNA conservation in paper 1?

According to your discusscusion I think that in the picture in paper 2 there was smooth endoplasmic reticulum since x pointed to the region of smooth sack not the dotted one, however this is just my suggestion.

What answer did u chose in the question about algae and aerobic bacteria and about DNA conservation in paper 1?

According to your discusscusion I think that in the picture in paper 2 there was smooth endoplasmic reticulum since x pointed to the region of smooth sack not the dotted one, however this is just my suggestion.

That there is most photosynthetic activity at 450 what not nm and that the aerobic bacteria like that :)

Yes i assumed the same thing. But there were two answers that seemed correct one about oxygen and second about the co2 supply and i was not sure about that

I answered the oxygen one, not really sure either hahaahha but i was thinking its "aerobic" bacteria and that photosynthesis produce oxygen so >_<

That there is most photosynthetic activity at 450 what not nm and that the aerobic bacteria like that :)

I answered the complementary base pairing for the DNa conservation hahaha