Biology HL TZ2 paper 3

CaptainCook

I

I did D and E, they're were both so easy, felt great! Both the 6 point questions were quite nice as well!

The ones who did E, what did you answer about how the ant found home? I talked about pheromones..

I mentioned pheromones as well and some kind of sensors.

What did you say about the other ants knowing where to find food ? communication ?

I wasn't sure about that one but I compared how he could do like the honeybees and show with doing some kind of body movement and also leaving some sort of scent along the way. Just 1 point so I'm fine if that one would be wrong but it feels like one is allowed to be kind of vague-ish on those questions!

to people doing option G, what did you write for what other reasons could have caused a decrease of the birds' population?

I wrote that there could be increased predation from other species or that there was a lack of food supply

I thought it wasn't bad but I do NOT like data response and I'm usually bad at it:/

I did option G and H and the 6 mark question on option G was a rainforest conservation one and I was sooooo happy about that!

BUT i wasn't too happy about the Bohr shift:/ I would have preferred something about the liver-_-

Anyone taking option H, what did you write for the Bohr shift?

Option G&H for me as well. For the Bohr shift question, I drew a diagram of it and explained that it occurs when pH decreases due to increased CO2 uptake and that sort of stuff. Although it might be irrelevant, I also wrote about why the oxygen dissociation curve for haemoglobin is sigmoid-shaped.

to people doing option G, what did you write for what other reasons could have caused a decrease of the birds' population?

im not sure if its right but i said food supply/availability and then temperature rising because it may not be appropriate for hatching and that there is higher chances for parasites to survive...

It was by far the easiest of all papers!

I know I messed paper 1 up, paper 2 was okay and paper 3 was awesome :)

I had option D & E btw.

Gosh, I messed the "direction of light" (I think it was in E) up and didn't label the neuron correctly. This is really bothering me.

Plus, I didn't really know everything in the polyploid question in option D, I just wrote about allopatric and sympatric speciation and then about how an individual of a species who's diploid can't interbreed with a member of the species who's triploid, but I didn't mention Allopoliploidy or Autopoliploidy, cause I forgot it. x.x

I really wonder what they really wanted to hear for that question ?..

It was by far the easiest of all papers!

I know I messed paper 1 up, paper 2 was okay and paper 3 was awesome :)

I had option D & E btw.

Gosh, I messed the "direction of light" (I think it was in E) up and didn't label the neuron correctly. This is really bothering me.

Plus, I didn't really know everything in the polyploid question in option D, I just wrote about allopatric and sympatric speciation and then about how an individual of a species who's diploid can't interbreed with a member of the species who's triploid, but I didn't mention Allopoliploidy or Autopoliploidy, cause I forgot it. x.x

I really wonder what they really wanted to hear for that question ?..

Hey, did option D as well. I think it want to say about how tetraploid is formed and can't breed with diploid as the offspring will be triploid which can't do proper meiosis :)