Group 4 Project help needed! Topic is red soil/iron?

Azmodian

Hello! I'm a newbie here and anyway, my IB school gave us the deadline to define our Group 4 Project topic by June 13th, 2014.

In early September we will be going to Višnjan in Croatia to conduct our Group 4 Project experiments. Since there's red soil in Višnjan area, my Chemistry class decided to determine the percentage of Iron (Oxide) in the soil. The problem is, if we decide on this topic, the Biology kids will have a problem since they can't investigate chlorosis (it was a topic 2 years ago) and they'll be left without a topic. We don't really know what to choose as our Topic since Višnjan is a small place which is not that close to any water bodies.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me :)

Thanks in advance!

Were you given a specific topic or can you chose whatever? :) Our school gave us the topic "air" and then we had to do some kind of experiment concerning that topic (we did air pressure)

Unfortunately, we have to come up with the topic ourselves. Like I said, they didn't give us many options. The climate and vegetation in Višnjan are Meditteranean. The best thing we could do is do some kind of soil analysis, but none of my classmates know what we could all do :(

We could maybe also do some air analysis, but we'll have to figure out what all we could do.