Can't I see my predicted grades?

hector_glz

I talk with my IB coordinator and she told me that when they submitt the UCAS application they are going to log in my predicted grades but....

I can not know them?!?

Then how am I suppose to know to which universities to apply...

If i think that I'm getting a 38 and I apply to LSE and me coordinator submitts a 37 predicted grade, then I won't be considered.

And the worst part is that I can only apply to 5 univs...I want to apply to univs I know are going to consider me this is not fair...

Is the IB forbidding teachers to show students their predicted grades?

I'm going to be an international student...don't i get special consideration...to apply to more than 5 univs?

thankss

i think it just depends on the school, some schools don't want to because they do not what students to try to talk their predicted grades up.

On my school i think that everybody gets to know, as you have to walk around and ask the teachers for you predicted ;)

or pre-predicted

It also depends on how you apply. Since I applied as an independent I had to see my predicted grades as I filled out my entire UCAS form. If you get a 'buzz word' from your school I believe they fill out some of the fields for you.

Just demand to know your predicted grades or at least ask her if you should bother applying to LSE and mention the lowest boundary. At least that's what I'd do, I wouldn't stand for that kind of crap.

• 2 weeks later...
I talk with my IB coordinator and she told me that when they submitt the UCAS application they are going to log in my predicted grades but....

I can not know them?!?

Then how am I suppose to know to which universities to apply...

If i think that I'm getting a 38 and I apply to LSE and me coordinator submitts a 37 predicted grade, then I won't be considered.

And the worst part is that I can only apply to 5 univs...I want to apply to univs I know are going to consider me this is not fair...

Is the IB forbidding teachers to show students their predicted grades?

I'm going to be an international student...don't i get special consideration...to apply to more than 5 univs?

thankss

OMG I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS YOU!!! just that im not applying to LSE. my coordinator absolutely refuses to tell me my total predicted score even though i have a rough idea wht each subject would be like... but i want to know the official predicted cos if the score isnt high enough, i want to withdraw certain applications! well, all my other friends in different IB schools say that they didnt get to know their predicted score either, so im guessing its IBO's policy...

I don't think you're able to apply to more than 5 universities, (There is a case that you're rejected by all 5, then you would be in UCAS extra for the sixth university only)...So make proper choices and make sure you have a insurance look-a-like thereafter.

Edited by Aquarius

I think IBO should change their policy of not letting the students know abt the predicted grades to at least assure the student that they can get a place in the uni which they have chosen instead of keeping them in a dark and not knowing whether they have act met the requirements or not. I dont see anything wrong with showing the students the predicted grades. I think this would help us boost our confidence even more to work harder to meet the conditional offer. This way, it would benefit both the student and the school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone is correct, it is NOT an IBO rule. They don't interfere with university applications.

My school has a policy on not showing people their predicted grades so that we don't develop a grudge against the teacher, or on the other hand, if the grades predicted are all 6's the school thinks we won't work hard enough to actually achieve them.

My school never predicts 7's for people. We are trying to influence this now, because I know many people that are capable of getting 7's in English and History but the highest our teacher's are predicting are 5's or 6's. Sad.

• 1 month later...

the main reason they wont show the predicted grades according to my IB coordinator is because if we know a certain subject we "think" deserves more points, we will beg the teacher of the subject by bragging and doing any other possible way to convince teachers to change them. This makes the PG inaccurate somehow