Describing IB in Three Words?

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

Plus I could have phrased it better but yeah. Proud that I did IB. The accomplishment (and superiority (yes despite my 36 in comparison to all the other >40s out there on IBS) to a certain extent - *ahem* sorry for my ego lol  ;)), experiences and other stuff that comes with it. 

Edited by -._._.-

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

How about IB's my pride? I think that's three words. :)

Hmm... My three word summary of IB would be It's surprisingly okay. Perhaps I should try and think of something more creative and elaborate, but I am rather fond of the Sherlock reference I managed to insert!

• Like 2

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

Plus I could have phrased it better but yeah. Proud that I did IB. The accomplishment (and superiority (yes despite my 36 in comparison to all the other >40s out there on IBS) to a certain extent - *ahem* sorry for my ego lol  ;)), experiences and other stuff that comes with it. 

I hope I'll be proud after I finish IB too, but I'm not even sure that I'll take it. But hey, it's good to be hopeful, huh? :D

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

Hmm... My three word summary of IB would be It's surprisingly okay. Perhaps I should try and think of something more creative and elaborate, but I am rather fond of the Sherlock reference I managed to insert!

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

OR DO YOU READ THE WHOLE THING

I love BBC Sherlock and am about to read the whole thing this summer... but I don't know what reference you have inserted there...

Unnecessarily hard work

But is it worth it?

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

I love BBC Sherlock and am about to read the whole thing this summer... but I don't know what reference you have inserted there...

I am an absolutely avid BBC Sherlock fan, original Arthur Conan Doyle canon fan (so much so that I wrote my EE on it), and I love a lot of other Sherlock Holmes stuff too (Elementary and Jeremy Brett)! Definitely read the stories/novels when you have the time. The reference is to Series 3 Episode 2 (The Sign of Three) when John asks Sherlock to be his best man and then Sherlock drinks a cup of coffee with an eyeball (human?) in it. John asks how the cup of coffee is and Sherlock replies "surprisingly okay". Despite the haphazard plot, that particular episode is just jam-packed with gloriously hilarious lines.

• Like 1

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

I am an absolutely avid BBC Sherlock fan, original Arthur Conan Doyle canon fan (so much so that I wrote my EE on it), and I love a lot of other Sherlock Holmes stuff too (Elementary and Jeremy Brett)! Definitely read the stories/novels when you have the time. The reference is to Series 3 Episode 2 (The Sign of Three) when John asks Sherlock to be his best man and then Sherlock drinks a cup of coffee with an eyeball (human?) in it. John asks how the cup of coffee is and Sherlock replies "surprisingly okay". Despite the haphazard plot, that particular episode is just jam-packed with gloriously hilarious lines.

Oh god they have found each other. 

Prepare now for sneaky Sherlock references throughout this forum between these two. 

Especially when they start to out-Sherlock-reference each other. 

Let the games begin.

• Like 2

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

Wow, not understanding the reference in the first place made me feel like such a bad fan...

Well, I owe you this one ;D

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

Oh god they have found each other. 

Prepare now for sneaky Sherlock references throughout this forum between these two. 

Especially when they start to out-Sherlock-reference each other. 

Let the games begin.

Ohh damn, someone's recognized us.

The game, my dear friend, is on!

In the middle of the program, right now I would say the way I describe IB is: Hurts too good!

Often times I've asked myself, is it really worth the trouble? If I'm suffering so much, why don't I just quit? But that's just it; once you've committed to the IB Program, it feels like you're letting the enemy win if you give up (at least, to me). But the longer I stick it out, the more I realize that IB is not the enemy, but is instead a bit like an overbearing mother, who smothers you in the process of protecting you and preparing you for the big bad world. You won't come out unscathed, but you'll come out better for it. Plus, IB is a community, and you'll be amazed at the bonding experience with your peers commiserating with you and with your teachers. It an overall good feeling to just stop and say 'Hey, I'm doing the IB. Anything's possible!"

• Like 1

But is it worth it?

Well, you could do much less work and have the same outcome. Whether you find working your socks off & jumping through hoops a rewarding or worthwhile achievement probably depends on the individual. Personally I'm a bit lazy and what matters to me is really just the outcome. If I can achieve the same thing with less effort, that is usually my chosen path. I chose to do the IB because I was under the impression it improved the outcome compared with the other option available to me (A Levels). And no, it doesn't - there's no preference one way or the other, just the IB is a lot more nose-to-the-grindstone!