Describing IB in Three Words?

IB is my pride.

(okay that's four words)

How about IB's my pride? I think that's three words. :)

Hmm... My three word summary of IB would be It's surprisingly okay. Perhaps I should try and think of something more creative and elaborate, but I am rather fond of the Sherlock reference I managed to insert!

YOU WATCH SHERLOCK TOO?

OR DO YOU READ THE WHOLE THING

I love BBC Sherlock and am about to read the whole thing this summer... but I don't know what reference you have inserted there...

I am an absolutely avid BBC Sherlock fan, original Arthur Conan Doyle canon fan (so much so that I wrote my EE on it), and I love a lot of other Sherlock Holmes stuff too (Elementary and Jeremy Brett)! Definitely read the stories/novels when you have the time. The reference is to Series 3 Episode 2 (The Sign of Three) when John asks Sherlock to be his best man and then Sherlock drinks a cup of coffee with an eyeball (human?) in it. John asks how the cup of coffee is and Sherlock replies "surprisingly okay". Despite the haphazard plot, that particular episode is just jam-packed with gloriously hilarious lines.

Oh god they have found each other. 

Prepare now for sneaky Sherlock references throughout this forum between these two. 

Especially when they start to out-Sherlock-reference each other. 

Let the games begin.

Ohh damn, someone's recognized us.

The game, my dear friend, is on!

Oh my, I may have unleashed a monster of Smaug-ian proportions that I didn't intend to! I shall have to go and revise by re-watching all the Sherlock episodes again... for about the 9th time. :) 

But is it worth it?

For me it was, though it depends on your school, the alternatives and the post-IB trajectory you're aiming for. I know that I definitely could not have gotten the same mark that I did through my state's high school qualification. Also, it would have been so much more difficult for me to get into UK universities (or indeed, the one US university that I did get into). Whilst there are definitely some horror stories about all the work of IB being life-shattering and perhaps life-extinguishing, I finished and survived - and this forum definitely helped with that. Short version - not dead. :)

Worthwhile, demanding, do-able

(what I wanted to say for the last one was 'Acheivable' but you dont exactly acheive IB.... you acheive your diploma so that sounded wierd. What I mean is that it despite all the negatives going around - you will be glad you were used to the work, the stress at times and you will feel very accomplished at the end despite what IB score you get and you can do really well without having to sacrifice all your sleep! Shock Horror right!)

• Like 1

In the middle of the program, right now I would say the way I describe IB is: Hurts too good!

Often times I've asked myself, is it really worth the trouble? If I'm suffering so much, why don't I just quit? But that's just it; once you've committed to the IB Program, it feels like you're letting the enemy win if you give up (at least, to me). But the longer I stick it out, the more I realize that IB is not the enemy, but is instead a bit like an overbearing mother, who smothers you in the process of protecting you and preparing you for the big bad world. You won't come out unscathed, but you'll come out better for it. Plus, IB is a community, and you'll be amazed at the bonding experience with your peers commiserating with you and with your teachers. It an overall good feeling to just stop and say 'Hey, I'm doing the IB. Anything's possible!"

Very well said (i mean, written). Thank you :)

It's not over? :(

The frowny face doesn't count as a word, right?

I really enjoy the things I learn in IB, but I am very tired right now, and am not looking forward to another year of the stress. And the exams...

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Well, speaking from someone who's not actually in the IB, I feel like I'm speaking BS... but hey, many people can do it, and so can you!

Worthwhile, demanding, do-able

(what I wanted to say for the last one was 'Acheivable' but you dont exactly acheive IB.... you acheive your diploma so that sounded wierd. What I mean is that it despite all the negatives going around - you will be glad you were used to the work, the stress at times and you will feel very accomplished at the end despite what IB score you get and you can do really well without having to sacrifice all your sleep! Shock Horror right!)

Ohh, hello fellow Whovian ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Do not procrastinate!

That's what I learn :) eventhough I'm still a pre-IB

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've learnt from reading about the IB Diploma...

So you've studied pre-IB programs before?

Do not procrastinate!

That's what I learn :) eventhough I'm still a pre-IB

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've learnt from reading about the IB Diploma...

So you've studied pre-IB programs before?

I research a lot about IB :D Before IBDP, I took IGCSE exams

Ohh, me too! What subjects did you take?

I took Coordinated Science (Double Award), Business Studies, Global Perspectives, English as a First Language, Information Technology and Communication and Mathematics.

English as a First Language, Information Technology and Communication, Mathematics (core), Combined Science, Accounting, Economics, Bahasa Indonesian as Foreign Language.

I only know that my Bahasa Indonesian as Foreign Language is A* hahaha. Of course, Bahasa Indonesian is my first language

Edited by rhapsodysiscaa

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...