English B HL exam preparation

I think you can choose a few books you want to read over the summer (they don't even have to be IB books) and watch English Television or something equally Relaxing ;)

Like this you can improve your vocabulary and your listening skills.

If you feel really ambitious you can also write Essay outlines or commentaries to Train writing texts.

But the most important Thing is that you don't Forget to relax. You have enough work to come before the exams.

Hope this helps you

• Like 1

I think you can choose a few books you want to read over the summer (they don't even have to be IB books) and watch English Television or something equally Relaxing ;)

If you feel really ambitious you can also write Essay outlines or commentaries to Train writing texts.

But the most important Thing is that you don't Forget to relax. You have enough work to come before the exams.

Hope this helps you

This is what  I was thinking for my summer break :) By the way, do you have any book suggestions for me to read? I'm looking for a book that is gripping and fruitful in terms of vocabulary. Thanks  

Hope this helps you

I really appreciated for your answer but I just realized that you're going to take an IB exams are in May 2016 :) I was more looking for an answer from graduated IB student. but again, thanks for your answer :) My previous question is still valid. 

Personally, I liked The Great Gatsby by Fritzgerald from the prescribed list of authors very much. It also contains very good vocab, though the language is a bit old.

Hmm thanks but reading a book that know the end is not going to be gripping for me :) thanks anyway

Hope this helps you

By the way, do you have any book suggestions for me to read? I'm looking for a book that is gripping and fruitful in terms of vocabulary. 

Books that are relatively short and easy to undestand for a person who is taking English B HL are for example:

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

The Catcher in the Rye by Jerome David Salinger

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

To Kill a Mockinbird by Harper Lee

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (although this one might be a bit more exhausting to read due to the idea of "stream of consciousness" - it's a great book, though)

All of them are well-written so you will most likely benefit from reading them also in terms of content. I truly recommend all of them.  ;)

Edited by Sceptyczka
  • Like 1

Hope this helps you

By the way, do you have any book suggestions for me to read? I'm looking for a book that is gripping and fruitful in terms of vocabulary. 

Books that are relatively short and easy to undestand for a person who is taking English B HL are for example:

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

The Catcher in the Rye by Jerome David Salinger

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

To Kill a Mockinbird by Harper Lee

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (although this one might be a bit more exhausting to read due to the idea of "stream of consciousness" - it's a great book, though)

All of them are well-written so you will most likely benefit from reading them also in terms of content. I truly recommend all of them.  ;)

Lord of the flies was one of the option for our written assignmement but I prefered to read other option Persuaion by Jane Austen which was really great. I guess I'm going to start with Lord of the Flies. Thanks for suggestion by the way.

• Like 1