What do you use to get the technology mark for Portfolio?

Guest IB_procrastinator

• 4 weeks later...
Guest computerwizard56

I tend to use Microsoft Excel because the graphs come out looking very nice but it can be difficult to use. I have use Math GV in the past which is quite simple. Here's the link is you need to download it: http://www.mathgv.com/ Other times, both programs are wack and won't work well so I just take screenshots of my graphing calculator.

Edited by computerwizard56

• 2 weeks later...
There's "Advanced Grapher" too. It' really good and you can easily get a good technology mark using it.

You can download it from here.

as my fella IBer said using specialized graphing software such as the Advanced Grapher that u can download from download.com (only a 30 days trial version, but with all features enabled) also use the Microsoft Equation 3.0 you find in the Microsoft Word publisher to write your equations it makes it look very professional and neat. to use the Microsoft Equation go to insert--->object--->microsoft equation 3.0 in microsoft word. im not sure in which word versions its installed bt i have it on my 2003 version. Another thing u should use is graphic calculator... im not being sarcastic... instead of showing the examiner a step by step procedure to solve a definite integral formula you simply use the graphic calculator and give the end result, same applies for simultaneous equations and solving polynomials. You should of course mention when you give the result straight forward that you used the calculator.

hope that helped.... and sry if i repeated anything already mentioned

i have spent the last 5 minutes staring at the graph i have how can i just limit it from 0<t<6 only for phase on and do te same for the other phases i have downloaded advanced grapger graphmatica and Graph..lets just say non have done the job for me!

FRUSTRATED

im not sure if i understood your question correct, bt to make limits for the x-axis and y-axis (from what i understood) on the advanced grapher you go to a button called "Document properties" its a small icon next to the save, print, open icons. from there you can set a maximum and minimum for y and x axis.

hope i helped :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...