Business & management internal assessment

I chose a simple question for my internal assessment about a telephone network named "movistar", is a company that have been positioned as one of the most powerful telephone networks in all the world, they're leaders in many countries, but they aren't the leaders in my country (Guatemala). they have two rivals here. can you suggest me some analysis that I can do for this? And also some of the items that i can use to talk about or compare?

• 2 weeks later...

You posted your question quite awhile ago, but maybe this'll help anyway? If not, maybe someone else might find this useful. Well from what you've described, the question I'd want to be answered if I was the head of Movistar in Guatemala is "How can Movistar become the leader in Guatemala?" or something like that (definitely reword it in your own words and make it sound more focused/a bit less broad - so maybe try and pick one aspect to work on, such as increasing Movistar's sales, its market share or lowering its costs, as compared to its rivals).

Statistics sound like they will be your friend. Download the financial reports for all three companies and have a look at if there's any big differences that would be interesting to analyse maybe? 

Personally, for the IA, I always think it's better to do a small local business (for 2 main reasons), whereas it sounds like you're doing quite a big company. Do you have any contacts/people you know within Movistar? If not, it's a bit risky doing Movistar as it might hinder your ability to get primary data (e.g. such as interviewing the bosses/employees). Another reason is that there's a criteria in the IA for how useful your IA is, and if it's a huge company, it's very unlikely that any recommendations you make would not really be implemented by the company. Just my thoughts; hope this helps! :)

Edited by bluedino