How Are You Getting Ready For IB?

IBhelp2015

How is everyone getting ready for school to start? I've been reading all summer, updating my resources on ExamTime, and setting my schedule up on ExamTime's planner :) (link below)

https://www.examtime.com/guide/study-planner-ib-courses/

What are your tricks for preparing for school? When do you start reviewing for classes to start again? My IB exams are next May, but this year is going to be a tricky one! How do you prepare?

Ready... Set... Go!

:coffee:

I'm starting the IB in August, and I'm honestly only worried about Math HL. To that end, I got a book and have started doing some of the chapters. By the time school starts I would have finished the first 4 chapters.

That aside, I've gotten a book for Econ, ordered some materials for my CAS activities (dictionaries et al for learning Turkish, which I JUST got my school to approve) and started research for "MUN season": over the first 2-3 months I have a fairly large number of MUNs to take part in. 

Finally, I've gotten my uniforms and made plans to bunk the first week because nothing ever happens in the first week. :P

• Like 2

The same as veregudmen. I'm starting IBDP in August. I haven't got all the textbooks, so I'm planning to buy one later on lebaran break (around 20 July-4 August). My school starts at the 4th of August. And, I already have ideas for CAS. I did talk to my Math SL teacher and asked him what should I study, to prepare myself. I'm a core math IGCSE student, so it's going to be hard for me to follow.

I'm asking for my old friend to help me in Chemistry SL (Since I'm a business stream student). And, I'm going to take National Exam approx. in March 2016 (so, 2 months before IB exam). Again, currently I'm studying Biology at night.

I'm helping my parents in the office, so I don't have a lot of free time for studying or playing around with friends. Hence, my holiday is a lot different from my friends.

I want to do my best. I got 20% scholarship and free macbook air :)

I'm starting the IB in August, and I'm honestly only worried about Math HL. To that end, I got a book and have started doing some of the chapters. By the time school starts I would have finished the first 4 chapters.

That aside, I've gotten a book for Econ, ordered some materials for my CAS activities (dictionaries et al for learning Turkish, which I JUST got my school to approve) and started research for "MUN season": over the first 2-3 months I have a fairly large number of MUNs to take part in. 

Finally, I've gotten my uniforms and made plans to bunk the first week because nothing ever happens in the first week. :P

I think you'll do fine in IBDP, Nick! :D You're a lot smarter than me! Good luck~

Oh and you have uniforms for IB?  :eek:  :confused:

• Like 1

Can I just say. I have like 3 ish months left D:

If I had not gone for a vacation to India and left all my IB books in Australia... then I might have done what veregudmen suggested about doing maths chapters before school starts.

Maths HL especially goes sooo fast and my teacher does not do this thing called "teaching" so I struggled a lot.

Having done preliminary reading, and maths questions is sooo good becuase you feel familiar to all the concepts.

Right now I have term breaks and I have finished all the Integration and Statistics chapters that we havent been taught yet and I already feel confident!

I'm also starting IBDP in August! I'm currently just working through the first chapters of my Pearson Math HL book and my chemistry sl book. I'm just trying to get as much theory done so that I can focus on real past paper questions whenever the school year starts. I heard that the hardest part of the objective IB classes is not the theory, but instead the the difficulty of the questions that are asked in the tests (especially for math hl).