IB Exams Question

Well the normal way to do the IB is to have all six exams at the end of IB2, so having one of them taken care of the year beforehand is nice :P

Don't take an exam early just to alleviate stress in IB2. If you're not prepared for it or haven't covered the syllabus, you'll do poorly. Only do it if you've finished the syllabus and are confident in the subject.

Personal anecdote: My IB2 exam period consisted of my four HL exams + 3 AP exams (one of those three didn't technically "count" because it was studio art but I still had to submit, mat, and take pictures of a lot of artwork) and that still wasn't fun at all, despite having done two SL exams the year before.

Most people take exams for all 6 subjects in their second year. And on top of that some people take 4HL's instead of 3 HL's. Don't worry about it being too stressful. DOn't expect it to be difficult but also don't expect it to be easy. Just practice proper time management. Yes exams for 6 subjects will be very overwhelming if you study two years of content only a day before the exam and don't start sooner.

I took an anticipated class, so I did one exam at the end of IB1 along with the grade 12s at that time, and for the end of IB2 I have five exams. The problem with having too many final exams at the end of IB1 is that there'll be a lot of stress involved and you'll miss a few classes during your exams so I wouldn't recommend that since you'd have to catch up during the holidays on those. Also, during your holidays you'd want to review what you've done in IB1 and start/finish your Extended Essay.