Hey, so i have my IA topic due soon and want to know if anyone has done their IA based on researches in the Sociocultural Level of Analysis. If any ideas, please help me. 

I am also looking for something related to the Gender Schema Theories, or things like that? 

If not the SCLA, I don't mind doing something on Freud... I am super pressed for time, so if any of you'll could help generate ideas, I'd be eternally grateful. 

Thanks!! 

Hello!

You can do Asch's experiment for SLA. It's a pretty simple one and you can modify a little. You can even change the task to something a little not so obvious. Remember that you need to do a simple experiment with only one variable. :)

I'm not sure about gender schema theories but if you can find a study about gender schema, you can use that (just simplify to one variable since a normal study may have multiple variables)

Hello!

You can do Asch's experiment for SLA. It's a pretty simple one and you can modify a little. You can even change the task to something a little not so obvious. Remember that you need to do a simple experiment with only one variable. :)

I don't think the Asch experiment is a good idea (though a very cool experiment) because the IB guide says 'Any experimental study that creates anxiety, stress, pain or discomfort for participants must not be permitted'.

If you are pressed for time the easiest experiments to set up are Stroop Effect and Eyewitness Testimony (Loftus)

Another easy one is social interference with a jar of jelly beans (http://mountappsych.pbworks.com/w/page/32952724/IB%20IA%20Topic%20Ideas)

Hello!

I don't think the Asch experiment is a good idea (though a very cool experiment) because the IB guide says 'Any experimental study that creates anxiety, stress, pain or discomfort for participants must not be permitted'.

If you are pressed for time the easiest experiments to set up are Stroop Effect and Eyewitness Testimony (Loftus)

Another easy one is social interference with a jar of jelly beans (http://mountappsych.pbworks.com/w/page/32952724/IB%20IA%20Topic%20Ideas)

Really? Cause one of my friends are doing the Asch experiment with slightly confusing pictures, and my teacher permitted it so I thought it's okay. Is it suppose to cause anxiety so that they conform? 

We did a small unofficial experiment about Asch and the participants (other students) thought it was fun LOL. 

But yeah Stroop and Loftus are very good simple ones too :)

Thanks btw for the tip haha

• 1 month later...