Getting a 7 in Biology SL

rashi

I really want to know tips on how to get a 7 in biology. will buying revision guides and reading them over and over again help? will making notes help? will doing all possible past papers help? i still somehow get myself to screw up the MCQs in the exams and i don't know how to get better at them, because i never have a problem with the DRQs or the Essay based questions but MCQs.

Help Appreciated. :) 

• Like 2

You should review the syllabus outline, IB only tests things delineated within the syllabus. Making your own notes will help with the memorization process, but also a quick daily review of things you've learned so far.

You should also look at past Biology examinations and do them. If you get something wrong, make sure you know why you got it wrong, and write it down on a flashcard for future reference.

• Like 1

The best way to approach MCQs is:

1. See if you can come up with the answer without reading the options - if that answer is then in the options, you're onto a winner. This is ideal because not only can you be fairly confident, but you also don't get distracted by some of the other option answers which may be there to trick you.

2. Eliminate options. Go through and get rid of all the ones which you know are wrong. Ideally you'll be left with 1 but sometimes it's 2 or 3. Or 5 if you're unlucky.

Then just think things through. If all the options are tied, try thinking about each one. Then go with your gut instinct. It's usually correct. At the end of the day, MCQs test your knowledge of the details, so you've got to have that in order to stand a decent chance. As the people above me have said, if you learn all the details off the syllabus to the letter, you should be in a good place. Also, do practice MCQ papers! It helps you get the hang of it.