Will this textbook suffice for the class of 2015 ? Biology (HL)

neilbijlaney

I just recently purchased the Biology (Study Guide) by Andrew Allott, However I did not realise that the book was designed around the 2007 syllabus of Biology. Can i still use this book even though i'm giving the 2015 exam ? Has the syllabus changed all that much ? 

Another question I have is regarding the attachment. Is this the correct syllabus for Biology HL ? 

IB_Biology_Syllabus_2_2.pdf

So somebody should feel free to correct me but to my knowledge the new syllabus affects those with first exams in May 2016. So you should still be on the 'old' syllabus: Biology (2009) - that's the correct syllabus. The new syllabus should only affect people starting the IB from this September or afterwards.

When you say '2007 exams' if you mean published in 2007 for exams to be taken in 2009... then that's fine. If you mean for people who were sitting exams in 2007 then that's very out of date, but it does contain a decent amount of the same content. They changed some topics around quite a bit though.

Yeah, the new syllabus is in effect for students starting the course this year and doing their exams in 2016. So you shouldn't worry about it, you'll be the last group to do the exam for the post-2009 syllabus, after which the newer syllabus will be in effect. :)
I don't think there's a 2007 syllabus. But like Sandwich said, it might be published in 2007 for first exams in 2009.
Either way, most of the main content is the same, it's just that some old info is taken out, and some new ones are put in, and the sub-topics may change.

The textbook was published in 2007 so i think that it'll be for the 2009 syllabus so i guess i'm safe. I was wondering because the cover (http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9780199151431_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG) says 'For the 2007 programme'. My school issues the Pearson book but I believe that its got too much information which I might not need so I'll just read from there and study from this book if thats fine.