Sign in to follow this  

Bibliography

I'm doing my extended essay on John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. However the only reference i'm referring to is the actual book. Is this ok?? Do I lose marks for this? How many sources does a bibliography need to have usually??

A bibliography is a list of all the sources that you consulted in writing your essay, whether or not you actually quoted them or not (a works cited, on the other hand, lists only what you referenced in the paper). So if you read any literary criticisms or reviews and used them to form your arguments, you should put those in your bibliography.

As to a number of sources, this is totally dependent on what your topic is, what subject you're doing, and what you're arguing. Some people doing a literature EE might only need three or four sources total. Someone doing a history EE on world war 1 might need 30 sources. And someone doing a biology EE on plants might need 10 sources. There is no right answer.

• Like 1