French B HL or SL?

Ex-I/GCSE student here. Did some classes at Alliance Française, niveau B1. I love French and may pursue it in university. Why should I do it, and why should I not? My IBC chose French B SL for me, probably because she thinks it's an easy 7. What books do you study in the Literature component? Merci

Ex-I/GCSE student here. Did some classes at Alliance Française, niveau B1. I love French and may pursue it in university. Why should I do it, and why should I not? My IBC chose French B SL for me, probably because she thinks it's an easy 7. What books do you study in the Literature component? Merci

Hey! If you've done niveau B1, you should be set for HL. You could easily get a 5/6 in HL but you'll have to work for a 7. HL tries to bring you to the B2 level I feel. And I feel you, I love French haha. I'm somewhere in the middle of B1 and B2 apparently. I do SL but we still do the literature component for the practice. The first one we did was Le Petit Prince. Now for summer reading I have L'Étranger by Albert Camus, which I find is slightly difficult to read.

• 1 month later...