Hi!

I will start IB1 the 18th (have gone PDP this year) and I was wondering if IB1 is harder than IB2 or does it depend on if you do all your homeworks/assignments or not?? The difference between the homeworks, assignments, tests, CAS and everything else you can think of! 

Is it true that if you do everything properly the first year, the second year will be easier??

If you have any tips, write them!! (Can help me and my class alot - we get very tired of school early!)

Well, I think it probably depends on your school. It also depends on what you like/dislike. 

In general, people don't really enjoy the IB exams or studying for them, so that is bad for year 2. But if we're talking about the whole years, I'd say you school makes a big difference. What year you do your IAs and Group 4 project, for example, is entirely dependent on them and can make or break which year is easier for you.

I personally think IB 2 is going to be harder, but because of the material. I luckily already have Group 4 out of the way as well as a decent number of internal assessments.

Hi!

I will start IB1 the 18th (have gone PDP this year) and I was wondering if IB1 is harder than IB2 or does it depend on if you do all your homeworks/assignments or not?? The difference between the homeworks, assignments, tests, CAS and everything else you can think of! 

Is it true that if you do everything properly the first year, the second year will be easier??

If you have any tips, write them!! (Can help me and my class alot - we get very tired of school early!)

This honestly depends on the type of person you are. 

IB1 - This can be very hard if you come from a previous curriculum that leaves you completely unprepared for the standard of the IB, both in terms of workload and content difficulty. In my school, many American, Australian and Canadian students struggled, whereas the European (including UK) and Asian students seemed to cope alright with the sudden jump in standard. 

IB2 - More likely to be difficult. You've got EE, ToK, CAS projects taking up increasingly valuable time, "serious" IAs, exam revision, and above all, more difficult content in general. 

Of course, if you do everything properly in your first year, your second year will be manageable. It definitely won't be easy, but at least you won't be trying to learn entire subjects 3 months before the exams!

• Like 1

I think how you cope really depends on the standards of your school. For instance, the average grade at my school is in the 30-35 range, but I know schools who have an average of 40. The difference is kind of how satisfied with the grade you will get, which is commensurate with how stressed you will be when exam time comes around. I know it becomes living hell for American and some Canadian students who haven't finished their SAT standardized testing.