9united-states-military-academy_50x50.jpg

United States Military Academy

New York

10amherst-college_50x50.jpg

Amherst College

Massachusetts

Edited by kinguncaged1
  • Like 1

I'm likely going to go to a private liberal arts college, so I'm glad they're getting attention.

That being said, I've never heard of Williams College (I've heard of the College of William and Mary, but that's not actually a private school), and I'm kind of shocked about that. 

I'm likely going to go to a private liberal arts college, so I'm glad they're getting attention.

That being said, I've never heard of Williams College (I've heard of the College of William and Mary, but that's not actually a private school), and I'm kind of shocked about that. 

I am hoping to attend a liberal arts college too! (Thinking of Amherst/Swarthmore or Reed) Maybe I will see you around ^_~

The third ranked student in my sister's graduating class is going to Williams, and I applied to William and Mary (originally from that area of the country) but was wait-listed. In the end it's probably a good thing because they don't have engineering and I'd have to do applied math there :P

I am hoping to attend a liberal arts college too! (Thinking of Amherst/Swarthmore or Reed) Maybe I will see you around ^_~

Ha, maybe! But there are a lot of private liberal arts colleges in the country :)

The third ranked student in my sister's graduating class is going to Williams, and I applied to William and Mary (originally from that area of the country) but was wait-listed. In the end it's probably a good thing because they don't have engineering and I'd have to do applied math there :P

Oh wow, you didn't get in to William and Mary? Now I'm worried... I am looking to apply there. Did you feel they didn't respect IB or anything, or was it an unrelated matter? I'm glad everything worked out for you, but now I'm worried/curious :)

Oh wow, you didn't get in to William and Mary? Now I'm worried... I am looking to apply there. Did you feel they didn't respect IB or anything, or was it an unrelated matter? I'm glad everything worked out for you, but now I'm worried/curious :)

They are pretty good with the IB. Several people from my high school (like....10ish? I don't remember) got in there and none had a problem getting their IB scores processed, and they all received credit for the classes they took as long as they got the minimum score.

I probably didn't get directly admitted because I didn't do too many activities in high school. Granted the ones I did I was heavily involved with for 3+ years, but it was mostly outside of the school and not within the school itself. One of my friends was wait-listed and then got in during the summer. Also my SAT could have been a little higher, it was more on the low end of their middle 50%.

Write a really good essay. That's what will help most with them.

• Like 1