Sign in to follow this  

biology lab report help ASAP

Hello. I need help with my biology IA. How to calculate the uncertainty for rate of reaction (ml/min)? i know there are two uncertainties, one for the beaker (+/- 0.05) and the other one for the stopwatch (+/- 0.01 min). Do I write both? 

Well we covered this in chemistry, and I always use the same method for bio 'cause it doesn't take too long

You find the percent uncertainty for each of those, so if your value is 10mL and the uncertainty is 0.05, the percent uncertainty would be 0.5%. You'd do the same for the stopwatch, and then you should add both of those percentages together. Once you've found the rate of reaction, your uncertainty would be that percent. Then you simply convert that percentage into an actual number as your uncertainty (or you might be able to leave it as a percentage- do show/ask your teacher about it in advance).