Sign in to follow this  

Mathematics tools for the essayc

Hello IBistahs ,

I am doing my extended essay in mathematics I looked and didn't find a thread about the mathematical tools I could use for my essay,

My essay requires a lot of mathematical notations and I was wondering if there is a free application I could use?

I tried google before coming here and almost all of them don't work where I live... :/

Thanks in advance! :teehee:

Learning LaTeX or something very similar to it is very good for formatting math symbols and equations, and looks a lot nicer than just typing it straight into Microsoft Word.

For writing your EE, I presume? I used a typsetting language called LaTeX when I wrote mine, which works pretty well. You'll need to learn the different notations and such, but it's relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can use a program like MiKTeX and there's plenty of guides online to get started.

If you're looking for programs to draw graphs and such, I'm not too sure about any good, free ones but there is this thread.

Thankyou Emmi ctrls this really helped a lot :)

I am downloading MikTek and I think this will be very helpful! Even though learning how to use it will be time consuming... There're two  called Mathematical or matlab

Did you try one of them? And if you did, is one of them worth buying?

Edited by Girlypianist