Knight

Guys, so basically i had planned to do an econ major/psych minor in the US and then go to law school (also in the US). But now i am also considering UK universities. Is it true that English and History HLs are compulsory for admission for Law in the UK?

For some Scotland universities, notably Edinburgh, English HL is compulsory. 

That aside, there are no set requirements for law in the UK. You really just need at least one essay-based subject (literature or Group 3) at HL to be eligible for admission. 

Most of the kids aiming for Law in the UK are taking English, Psychology and History HL. Honestly though, looking at the subjects in your signature, you'll be fine since you have Economics, an essay-based subject and math, which is loved universally, at HL, though it does seem a bit redundant to do Physics and Math HL when applying for Law.

Then again, I'm an Economics/English applicant with Chem HL so who am I to talk? :P

While there are no set requirements for Law, it is recommended that applicants have one or more essay-based subjects. Economics HL is good for that, but I also suggest bringing up your English to Higher Level if you can and dropping either Maths or Physics down to SL.

Cheers!

• Like 1