Sign in to follow this  

Are my subject choices manageable?

So I'm halfway through my first year of IB, and I want to know if my subjects are realistic to be taking through the next year! I don't want to get to this time next year and be too overwhelmed!! I'm taking:

HL Biology

HL Chemistry

SL Physics

SL Maths

Ab intio Spanish

HL English A1

Thoughts??

Are you doing a non-traditional diploma which your school has taken special permission for? If not, you need to take one Humanity (Group 3) among your DP subjects.

Wait but you do not have a group 3 subject!! You could choose one at standard level e.g. Business or economics

Unless they have talked to the IBO and gotten special permission to do an irregular diploma because they're applying to a country that requires all three science subjects for medicine.

Otherwise they need to add a Group 3 subject, and can choose from history, psychology, economics, geography, etc.

As far as i know, irregular diplomas, (especially ones without a G3 subject) are very common in my school. But still, It would have benefited you if you had taken psych instead of physics as psych and bio overlap to some extent.