Lab report contents!

swepati

Hi there!

I just wanted to know if you have to include introduction or background information for DCP and CE lab reports?

Would including it fetch any extra marks? 

Also, I was a little confused regarding the format because, some DCP and CE lab reports seem to start right from the Raw Data collections whereas some lab reports also have Aim, Hypothesis, Apparatus and Procedure written. Which one is the best method to be followed? 

Thanks for the time! :)

Hello,

I don't think you need an introduction or background information. That would be the aim, hypothesis and all those things but these will be included in the design part, which you don't always have to do. In DCP they just want to see your Data and what you did with it. I think that your book might give a good explanation of what to do in what part of the lab report, mine does at least;) It might help you. 

Hope this helps you a bit. :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah for DCP, I know that my teacher looks very carefully at significant digits for EVERYTHING. If those are incorrect (in any way possible), then you're down to a partial. So I suggest you focus on getting those correct for full complete marks.

As for CE, just state everything (your final answer, uncertainty, percent error, hypothesis proven or not) to get a complete for conclusion and state as many limitations and solutions for the limitations for the evaluation that do not suggest that you conducted your experiment wrong but they were natural inevitable errors. And if possible, just add some sort of extension for the lab and explain why you added it. That's how I get completes in the CE section.

Hope this helps :)

Edited: Oh whoops, just realized that this post was out six months ago....

Edited by IbTrojan