Where are you going to go for uni?

Abu

So future IB students, or people who are just crazy to hang around *cough* Elsa, Hien, *Graeme *cough*, what are your Uni plans? Or where are you accepted and attending?

Right now, it's the Uni of Auckland. My plans are always perceptible to change though, so I dunno if that will, but maybe to Aussie land then.

I need 26 points to enter surprisingly, but that's the minimum.

There are so many universities that I'd like to go to but unfortunatley may not due to my predicted grades :P

My main choice - the one that I reallllly want to go to is Manchester University. They want 33 points with 665 at HL. I fill all the requirement but the HL one. I have 655 *sobs*

Kings College, St George, Brighton and others would be really cool though.

University of New South Wales - BCommerce. They've just changed the whole Business faculty actually, it used to be called the Faculty of Commerce and Econ but now that they've merged with the Australian School of Management we're now called the Australian School of Business and just moved into a new building a couple of weeks ago. It's all pretty exciting. :P

my friend's going to Manchester :D he did A-levels and his conditional was an AAB and he got an ACC instead and they still took him :) for a diff course though :P

I am going to Loughbourgh University ranked number 1 for my course :P and a place I simply fell in love with through googling it so much! :)

My conditional was 34 points overall, and I got a 36 so I met it :D

after that I don't know, all I know is I'm not stopping till I get my PhD... where I get it form is beyond me :P though I did like an MA course at UCL so might go there if I'm lucky enough to get in :)

There are so many universities that I'd like to go to but unfortunatley may not due to my predicted grades

My main choice - the one that I reallllly want to go to is Manchester University. They want 33 points with 665 at HL. I fill all the requirement but the HL one. I have 655 *sobs*

Have you tried emailing them? Your personal statement can sometimes sway them away...

University of Bath. First they rejected me due to a B in IGCSE math. I complained. They reconsidered. They asked for 38 with 6 in everything. I got 42, 6 or more in everything. I won. They now kiss the ground I walk on. True story.

ahh one of the true stories I love...

oh btw do you know loughborough and bath are rivals ;) I found out from TSR a few days ago.. tut :P

err why was she angry at you?! it's not like you got her rejected :)

I might take a class with her, I have to take social psychology as a contextual module :) I don't know how I'm going to do in that :)

and yea we're sporting rivals :) if I make the volley team we might play against bath or something.. watch out I might stalk you :) lol

I'm really considering UPenn...ever since I talked to the representative at a conference I've been madly in love with the school. Unfortunately my grades right now do not give me a good chance of getting in Wharton.

Or I might choose a uni closer to home...schulich? perhapse.

When I get more time I shall research more in dept.

my friend's going to Manchester :D he did A-levels and his conditional was an AAB and he got an ACC instead and they still took him :P for a diff course though >.<

I am going to Loughbourgh University ranked number 1 for my course :D and a place I simply fell in love with through googling it so much! :D

My conditional was 34 points overall, and I got a 36 so I met it :D

after that I don't know, all I know is I'm not stopping till I get my PhD... where I get it form is beyond me :lol: though I did like an MA course at UCL so might go there if I'm lucky enough to get in :)

Yo Elsa, Does a PhD do you any good for journalism/communications? Also, do all colleges need a personal statement as was described in the other section?

I'm really considering UPenn...ever since I talked to the representative at a conference I've been madly in love with the school. Unfortunately my grades right now do not give me a good chance of getting in Wharton.

Or I might choose a uni closer to home...schulich? perhapse.

When I get more time I shall research more in dept.

I really want to go to UPenn too, and just like you my scores aren't the best, and I can't be bothered to do the SATs and subject tests. What I'm going to try for is some other Uni and try to transfer after the first or second year.

Yo Elsa, Does a PhD do you any good for journalism/communications? Also, do all colleges need a personal statement as was described in the other section?

it does me good because I want to teach at a Uni later on >.< otherwise no it doesn't...

when you start applying, check out what each Uni requires from you. Some Unis, like Purdue, would not require a PS but leave it up to you whether you'd liek to write one or not. My advice is if a Uni leaves it as an option, do it anyway! it's a way of making them know a little more about you! so what have you got to lose?!

I know our school is **** at helping us with Uni stuff! so really if you want good help for Canada go to bridge Internaitonal basil, they were a counseling office for UK before, but this year they started helping out for Canada as well! so yea you'd get good help, and you only have to pay like 20 JDs for office fees when you finish everything, which is nothing compared to the constant help you're going to get!

oh and check the PS advice thread stickied up on this forum :D HMSchocolate wrote it and it looks pretty useful!

Guest cl0ckw0rk0range

I was thinking of UK or Japan, but now ive made up my mind to just apply to Canada.

Most are unis in Ontario, and the rest are just random big unis.

My college coounceller wanted us to come up with a list of unis we wanted to apply, and the application deadlines.

... I have fifteen unis so far..

FIFTEEN

See, I dont know what I want to be yet

But I might want to do law (go to law school maybe?)

And if I want to do law, it doesnt matter what I take for my first 2 years of uni (well at least in canada, i think)

so... how am i supposed to narrow my search??

I figure, I cant narrow them down until once i get my predicted grades.

Any tips anyone?