Where are you going to go for uni?

Abu

Well one way to narrow it down is to wait for your predicted grades and see what the universities look for. Another way to narrow it down is to research the universities you're looking for (if you haven't done so already). Ask your councellor about them and see what he/she tells you. You might want to make up your mind as to what you want to study to prevent yourself from changing majors once you're in college. Check this website, and take the career test (it might help)!!

EDIT: You'll have to register first.. It is really helpful.

Edited by BIO-AQUA

Well..I have been mailed by so many universities. the only one that really caught my attention was UBC ..I may go to AUB/ AUC..or university of Manitoba. any comments oh I want to study business marketing or maybe mass communication and journalism..anyone know wat a major and a minor? confusing and i am afraid to ask my university advisor ^_^

Well don't be afraid :lol: .

Basically, a Major is what your focus study is. For example, one might study business as a major (120 credits- 4 years). This is what your main subject is, and what you aim to get a degree in.

A minor is literally a minor, what you like to take as additional courses; for example, one might take in addition to business studies; philosophy, chemistry... These vary in credit hours but are much less than the major. Some people take it and some don't. It's according to the individual if it actually helps, or it is just amusing/ you like to take it! :lol:

Well good luck with that!! :P

Anyways, beli16 *shouts*: I have already finished my UCAS form. It's ok whether the universities have certain reservations about the age of the applicant. They may reject or approve of your application, so both ways, you get the answer instead of thinking about what to do. In other words, just send them your application, and they can then decide on what to do with it. :P

I was thinking of UK or Japan, but now ive made up my mind to just apply to Canada.

Most are unis in Ontario, and the rest are just random big unis.

My college coounceller wanted us to come up with a list of unis we wanted to apply, and the application deadlines.

... I have fifteen unis so far..

FIFTEEN

See, I dont know what I want to be yet

But I might want to do law (go to law school maybe?)

And if I want to do law, it doesnt matter what I take for my first 2 years of uni (well at least in canada, i think)

so... how am i supposed to narrow my search??

I figure, I cant narrow them down until once i get my predicted grades.

Any tips anyone?

Canada! Good choice :D

What are your unis?

As far as I know (you could ask a graduate though=p ) first year of uni is foundation, so you take a mash of courses and for 2nd n 3rd n 4rth you start focusing on what appeals to you, or what you are good at.

If you are not sure what you wanna do, your uni choice depends on your personality, kinda.

If you are a big-city clubber kinda person, a BIG uni like UoT may be good for you, whereas smaller Unis (UOIT, Waterloo) wont be as big and noisy, and have more of a 'community feel'.

I myself am, so far, planning on UOIT (University of Ontario Institue of Technology). Small school, but they have a Bachelor's Degree in Game Design and Entrepreneurship! w00t!

I've finally sent my Cambridge application on thursday, plus my UCAS application with Cambridge, Imperial and UCL included..

You know beli16, after giving it much thought, I'm no longer into the whole idea of studying in the UK afterall.. Might stick to Lebanon or Canada.. :D

I live in Canada, specifically Vancouver. I'm was planning to attend a school in the East but my dad doesn't really want me to move that far away. So his part of the deal was he'll buy me a car and pay for gas if I stay here for school. Now I'm planning to go to either UBC or SFU. Hoping to get masters or a PhD in the field of business.

yes canada....my home country... :D im sure you'll love it there!! but im not going since its toooo longg!!! but good luck with it!! im sure youll do super-fantastic!

Aww thank you very much!! I hope you do well too wherever you go! :D

@ Shorty: Good luck with that! :)