Where are you going to go for uni?

Abu

I'm looking at universities in Canada, and these are my current interests: U of T, U of Waterloo, Queen's, and Mac.

A lot of the places I've been looking at applying to, require a final IB score between 30-35 for acceptance, but offer acceptance for grades between 80% and 90% for provincial diplomas. I'm worried that I might not be able to achieve the required diploma score because of lower marks in classes that aren't directly relevant to my desired degree. I'd like to go into Arts & Sciences for English. So, what I'm wondering, is whether or not it be more beneficial to merely take certificate courses in classes that are necessary for my university classes, and then apply with my regular high school transcripts presuming they are in a high percentile range, or is it very detrimental to one's chances at admissions if they see that you attended an IB school and didn't take the full diploma program?

Edited by spaceisland

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my dream is imperial college london or sheffield... i applied for them and 3 other unis (biomedical engineering) and still waiting *fingers crossed* , i am also considering applying to uni of toronto in canada, same course...

Edited by ~Lc~
don't text speak

I'm still in the process of applying (gahh...what a headache...)

So far I have acceptance and a full-ride scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh...

I applied Early Action to Stanford (doubt I'll get in though... just need to wait two more weeks to find out!) and I'm planning on applying to Washington University in St. Louis, Duke, and possibly Harvard (haha, that's such a waste of my money, but my parents want me to try anyways :sadnod: ) and University of Pennsylvania

One more month of these applications, thank goodness.

But then, let's not forget all those scholarship applications either :lol:

I really want to go to AUB!

same here bt i prolly wont cuz of current Lebanese shaky political situation... my parents say they wont pay to send me to a potential war zone... god help them (lebanese i mean)

i also though of AUC bt my best bet is GJU (German Jordanian University) and possibly transfer to a german uni after the first year (unless by then i havent yet learned german...)

• 2 weeks later...

It's so cool to hear about the universities in different countries! :D

All mine are in the states, though- Vanderbilt is my top choice, I guess.

I also like Davidson, Wash U, and several others that won't be quite so difficult to get a scholarship for (I would like to be able to get out of college debt free :wub:

I'm applying to 7 total, which is maybe a lot but not really.

Guest iber2468

Applied to (in terms of preference)

1) U. Penn

2) Princeton

3) Stanford

4) Columbia

5) Cornell

6) UC Berkeley

7) Dartmouth

8) UCLA

9) NYU

Canadian ones

1) UBC

2) UT

*crosses fingers*

i only applied to 3 colleges and all of them are public schools in the US

i am stuck between UF (university of florida) and MSU (missouri state university), i got in to KU (unversity of kansas), but when they told me i didn't qualify for in-state tuition i siad i would't go there.

i won't hear form UF though until april which is really killing me!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whatever

i have applied for law in the UK and i'm waiting impatiently for the replies!

Oh well ! Bristol , warwick , durham , edinburgh , and birmingham .

I hope i get accepted to them because they all require 34+

And all the above posts , i hope u guys get accepted to wherever you wanna go =)

i only applied to 3 colleges and all of them are public schools in the US

i am stuck between UF (university of florida) and MSU (missouri state university), i got in to KU (unversity of kansas), but when they told me i didn't qualify for in-state tuition i siad i would't go there.

i won't hear form UF though until april which is really killing me!!!

Well, UF is a hard school to get into, I'll tell you that. Most of my school is going there though :P It's supposed to be the best in the state overall.

As far as I go, I'm planning on applying next year to MIT, Princeton, maybe UF, and as a last resort, Miami-Dade Honors College (which I will be getting 8k a year for just going to class and taking tests :P ) I know they're hard schools to get into, but I'm confident that I'll get in. I really really hope I get into MIT though...the campus is so nice and cozy. I can already feel it, wensday afternoon, -12F snowing, the end of the semester, a cup of hot cocoa on one hand and my girlfriend just sitting next to me reading her calculus book...ah the good life.

Edited by ezex

a cup of hot cocoa on one hand and my girlfriend just reading her calculus book...ah the good life.

:P I really don't get you

I know I'm offtopic, but that really had to be said :P I applied to loads of Unis and where I went depended on where I could afford, so wooohoo loughborough you got me cuz you were cheap :P

Well, UF is a hard school to get into, I'll tell you that. Most of my school is going there though :P It's supposed to be the best in the state overall.

As far as I go, I'm planning on applying next year to MIT, Princeton, maybe UF, and as a last resort, Miami-Dade Honors College (which I will be getting 8k a year for just going to class and taking tests :P ) I know they're hard schools to get into, but I'm confident that I'll get in. I really really hope I get into MIT though...the campus is so nice and cozy. I can already feel it, wensday afternoon, -12F snowing, the end of the semester, a cup of hot cocoa on one hand and my girlfriend just sitting next to me reading her calculus book...ah the good life.

what really bugs me is that i had a free ride there coz of bright futures, but when i moved outta FL i lost that scholarship... but i still qualify for instate.

i am pretty confidant i wil get in, it is just so far away right now, and they are taking forever to get back to me.

good luck with your choices. :P

I'd like to study Psychology in the UK. I found a website that ranked the univerisites and their psychology program here, so my choices would go accordingly, excluding Cambridge and Oxford because I'll never get accepted there, yet.

Cardiff Uni.

Uni. of Birmingham

Uni. of Bristol

Uni. of Edinburgh

I'm sending my SAT scores to the last two.