How much work is given in IB ?

xoxoyessica

The latest I have ever had to stay up doing IB work is 11:00 p.m., but as long as you don't procrastinate, you should be fine.  Really, you just need to do well on your internal assessments and exams.  Some teachers assign homework that is helpful, others don't.  Basically, you should find the sorts of things that will be on each of your exams and study those topics in detail.  You can probably avoid or at least pay less attention to the rest.

Lately I've stayed up until 3am. But this is due to procastination...You should put priorities. When you have 5 things to do and one of them is extended essay and IA, you do the EE and then the IA. Since you need to put more effort(=time) into it, then the other things will seem like a piece of cake...

The latest I have ever had to stay up doing IB work is 11:00 p.m., but as long as you don't procrastinate, you should be fine.  Really, you just need to do well on your internal assessments and exams.  Some teachers assign homework that is helpful, others don't.  Basically, you should find the sorts of things that will be on each of your exams and study those topics in detail.  You can probably avoid or at least pay less attention to the rest.

Many people have told me that strategy is useful, being able to find what topics are more important and more likely to show up on exams, then focusing on those topics more. But how do you develop that strategy? How do you find what is more likely to come on tests?

• 7 months later...

Latest I've stayed up doing homework: Probably 10 pm.

And the amount of work varies, from teacher to teacher, from school to school, from country to country. Here we have basically not have homework at all. Of course we've done all IAs and stuff, and we've had tests + mock exams, but other than that the teachers have pretty much made it our responsibility to revise the material. 

I've stayed up pretty late sometimes (English Written task - I didn't know what I was doing and it showed in that one task :$ and History IA) but yes as everyone above has explained, no/little procrastination = more sleep. It's a simple formula but not many follow it, it's unfortunate :P

Plan out what you need to do and the only difficult part is starting. Once you get into the work you need to do, it's not difficult to keep going and finish it :)

The workload itself, I won't lie, sometimes it's like the teachers are conspiring to throw everything they can at you at the same time (which gets pretty annoying) but those are the times where you need to take the challenge and stay on top of your work and DO IT. Then it's not actually bad and you actually do well. 

Another little tip: When teachers give you in class time to work on something, USE IT. So many students I know don't actually use it, then go home and stay on social media for four hours, stay up late finishing assignments/homework and then complain the next morning. Also, when teachers are explaining something in class, listen and write notes on what they SAY as well as what they draw/write because sometimes the key things are in their speech rather than in the notes they give you.

That's all I can think of right now (I realize now that I went a bit off topic..sorry 'bout that)