Hours or Majors/Minors

Clockwork

We use majors/minors.

We have one major overarching project that needs to be a group project and has to involve two different areas.

We then have two major projects in each area that need to last for at least a certain amount of time (I think it's 2 months?)

And then we have 10 one-offs we have to complete, which need to be somewhat balanced (3, 3, 4 is preferable).

Well for us, this year the CAS curriculum changed from hours to Majors/Minors, to pass CAS we need:

3 Majors, 6 Minors

1 Project involving two areas

1 CAS Week 

Since our school changed from hours to Majors/Minors, literally the whole year went bonkers. I'm just wondering if this is a good thing, they said changing from hours to Majors/Minors will some how relieve our stress. 

@Sandwich It's just another method for counting CAS.

Well for us, this year the CAS curriculum changed from hours to Majors/Minors, to pass CAS we need:

3 Majors, 6 Minors

1 Project involving two areas

1 CAS Week 

Since our school changed from hours to Majors/Minors, literally the whole year went bonkers. I'm just wondering if this is a good thing, they said changing from hours to Majors/Minors will some how relieve our stress. 

@Sandwich It's just another method for counting CAS.

Interesting new way of doing it. Thanks for informing me :P

I guess in that format it does mean you have to get it out of the way quickly, and although you may potentially have to find a bit more variety (although to be fair in the old system most people did multiple different things anyway) you can probably get away with doing a lot less time. Thing is it's hard to know whether it's better or worse without having a stab at it!

Here's the problem, the entire year including me asked if we could finish all our CAS by the start of our final year in IB, she said it's not possible due to the IBO headlines something along the lines of CAS should be finished within the timespan of 18 months. 

Oh, that sucks then. I finished my CAS during the summer before IB2, if I recall correctly.