Sign in to follow this  

Cue cards or paper for FOA?

Hey, so I have an FOA in 2 days, and I was was wondering whether we could use a paper with some written material on it for the FOA?

I have a lot of stuff that i need to say exactly like it is, and it's kind of difficult to remember everything as it is. 

There was an earlier post, i think, that said that using cue cards will get you marked down harshly, so I'm a bit confused.

If someone could clarify this within the next 2 days, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Cheers.

Remember? 

It is always better to know your FOA inside out--and that includes being able to express thoughts precisely, without the temptation of reading off a paper. Cue cards with a word or phrase should be enough. Highly recommendable, actually. 

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1

Remember, because I have a bunch of quotes and statements from various linguists very pertinent to my topic, which i pretty much need to say without missing a single word. And it gets a bit confusing when I try to remember them because some of the theories contradict each other so i often find myself mixing up words. But that's about it. So would it be alright if i could just read out the quotes?

P.S- Thanks for always being the first one to respond, haha.

Yeaah--just go ahead. It is totally understandable. You won't lose points for that. And it is better than turning a ppt. into a list of points. So just read your quotes off the cue cards.

Oh--and Good luck, on your FOA in two days :dance2: I'm sure you'll do great, considering how well organized you are.

What's your topic, by the way?

• Like 1