CAS Ideas for someone who doesn't speak the language?

esmebolwell

I also live in a country where I don't speak the local language (Danish) and CAS is a bit problematic, I know... But there are things that my school organizes as part of CAS that are all in English so your school should be doing something similar. There's also many students who have their own projects and you can easily join them and collect hours in that way (and in that case you have an assurance that it'll be in a language you actually understand).

I also decided to volunteer and I just applied with a friend who's taking Danish B so he knows it a bit. There's plenty you can do without the language, you just have to know where to look. I think it'd be incredibly helpful to talk to your CAS coordinator, I bet she/he will love to help you. There are also a lot of things that don't necessarily require from you to speak the language, like, our school has some art shows as part of Creativity and we can just walk around with masks and costumes during the parade. I bet you can find stuff like that at your school.

I hope you'll do good in CAS even though you don't speak the local language. I know first hand it's frustrating so good luck!!!  :D  :P

• Like 2